3u Audio now has an M7 capsule!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JohnRoberts said:
come on guys you are embarrassing yourselves and irritating the rest of us.

Several posts could be interpreted as breaking rule #4

Repeated posts that are not civil and respectful, will be enough to get banned.

Please behave.

JR

Hi John .

Please accept my apologies if I have offended anyone.  Not my intention.  In the future I will not post any opinions regarding others products for risk of offending others.

I’ll keep my posts to design, trouble shooting and the weather.

Cheers

Today I received the capsule. It was fast. Well packed, looking god. I'm super busy in next few days, but I will put it in the test body ASAP.  Stay tuned :)
ofCqb5CmQPufxlRHBjuXjhQyWjvdc2amQsrC2X2r3stKQc9BWNfT6zNdKMyThno=w1920-h1080

Moby said:
Today I received the capsule. It was fast. Well packed, looking god. I'm super busy in next few days, but I will put it in the test body ASAP.  Stay tuned :)
ofCqb5CmQPufxlRHBjuXjhQyWjvdc2amQsrC2X2r3stKQc9BWNfT6zNdKMyThno=w1920-h1080
How much was it? Might be interested in picking it up if it doesn't have that 4dB that the usual Chinese ones have.

The price is already published here. 180$ plus shipping. I still don't have a clue how it sounds. As I mentioned, I will make a test ASAP. Cheers

Wordsushi said:
Ok, here's a short clip, just speech.
3u M7 atop a modded SYT-6000 > UAD 610b > UAD SSL Legacy (for expander and to show slight EQ change)
No compression. No De-esser.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bmfevgujfibext6/M7Clip1.mp3?dl=0

Wow... congrats, it sounds nice! Are you applying equalization while go talking in the clip?  How is the rest of the microphone (tubes, transformer) configured? if you are so kind

Saludos

Looks like there's also plans for a CK12.

Here's part of an email I dug out from September 2019. "Our M7 style capsule will be available in two months. We should start brass ck12 style capsule later."

I was told there wasn't any plans for a CK12 style capsule in March 2019 when I asked. My guess is it'll be different from the Warbler capsules which I think are the usual tuned K67s with edge termination.

Edit: Development on the CK12 won't happen until next year because of COVID19.

Marcedona said:
Wow... congrats, it sounds nice! Are you applying equalization while go talking in the clip?  How is the rest of the microphone (tubes, transformer) configured? if you are so kind

Saludos

Thanks! Yes, you can hear where I add just a couple db's of 4k and 10k, but it's flat before that. No compression. The mic is a SY-6000, the OEM generic version of the Alctron GT2B. I lightly modded it with a few cap swaps and added a tube socket.

Tube is a NOS British Mullard 12at7wa sourced from Bowie at ProAudioTubes, based upon his suggestion. Transformer is stock.
That's it.

This mic has been excellent to work with in the booth. Sounds very natural yet flattering, zero sibilance issues and it cuts through a music bed, so for me it has been a very pleasant surprise that yielded an amazing work tool.

Just installed a 3u audio m7 in a 47 build. I am really pleased with the sound, smoother and more balanced than the thiercsh blue in this circuit. Really smooth highs but articulate...closer to the “u47” sound that I am used to.

Ok, here's a short clip, just speech.
3u M7 atop a modded SYT-6000 > UAD 610b > UAD SSL Legacy (for expander and to show slight EQ change)
No compression. No De-esser.
Dropbox - File Deleted
Wordsushi, thank you for posting this back then. Any chance this could be re-upped? I remember it sounding killer! There is another member asking about what is sounds like in a recent thread.

I'm tried to buy capsules from Guosheng, but he rarely replies to my emails, and when he replies it takes ages.

Did any of you guys experience this problem when dealing with him?
Is there a better way to contact him, like using Wechat for example?

I have purchased capsules and transformers from GZ recently with prompt communications and shipping (to the US) as usual.
I think there are some things he cannot ship to EU countries.

3Uaudio yes.

what European site, can you please post a link?

I really don’t know what “German Mylar” means, is there any special production of Mylar going on in Germany?
Using the words “German Mylar” always feels like a marketing bullshit description people that sell rebranded Chinese capsules use…

Latest posts

Back