Pultec EQ Power Transformer DIY Winding Guide

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaraxisof

Hello everyone, i know there are plenty info here and in the net about this, but i would like to post here just to be safe, i trust you guys.
So i want to build my first PT for tube amp application.  I know PT's specs and i just want to build my own clone. It's the Hammond 370BX for Pultec coyacosta p2p. Or the diy inductor based on that German guy's tutorial. Not input output traffos, just PT and choke inductors.  I know you well might say it would be difficult for first attempt but if you don't try you will never learn.  Leave the diy inductor for now (as it has already covered pretty well in that tutorial).

So, first of all, is there any online source, software or similar i could use for turns  and windings calculation?
What coil, bobin should i use?

Is there any one here that has tried to do it so i can safely use the same specs? I would really appreciate thats the reason i asked here, a  diy valve PT for fist attempt is a dangerous thing.

Back