Spit balling ideas for a summing mixer from some Neotek spare parts

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

substitute

Hey all, I've got a bunch of spare channels from this funky old neotek live board. It's not exactly a series 1 but seems pretty similar. I could use some extra cash these days but I don't think these would have much value racked up so I thought they might be appealing as an 8 channel summing mixer. Here's some pics

49880653753_fe1c31d0b9_c.jpg

49880653763_44d1b7fa23_c.jpg

49880653798_265efa889b_c.jpg

So here's where I'm hung up, I want to keep this super simple and fairly compact, which would all be well and good but the pan pot isn't on the main channel strip panel. If I include the smaller panel with the pan pot and sends 1) it makes the finished piece a good bit bigger and 2) I need to do something with those sends, which isn't undoable it's just more work than value I feel. So, if I'm not gonna do that I could either move the pan pots over to what will be the 'master section' so to speak which is pretty awkward or I was thinking just don't have pan pots. Do something like two stereo pairs and four mono channels. 

What do you think? Any cool ideas? I've got time on my hands and just feel like talking about this, just hoping to bounce some ideas around.

Hi,
I would do a box with the input channels, and on that box I would do provision for a pan pot circuit for each channel and use the CAPI API type summing amp.
All simple ans easy

Whoops said:
Hi,
I would do a box with the input channels, and on that box I would do provision for a pan pot circuit for each channel and use the CAPI API type summing amp.
All simple ans easy

I've been eyeing up the capi ACA board. I'm also looking at the TapeOp Hampton Jfet article, there's a section on using it as a summing amp, I've got just the basic jfet amplifier circuit breadboarded and I really like how it sounds.

I've attached a little mock up of another idea, 8 channel strips and a master at the far right with switches that would switch pairs from mono to stereo. EG when switch 1&2 is in mono position channels 1 & 2 would route to both left and right, and when the switch is in stereo position 1 would route to Left and 2 would route to right.

Attachments

• neotek mock up.pdf
    20.7 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Back