RFZ W745a fader module 'signale' connections?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamasnan

Hello all - I have an RFZ W745a fader module that I am cleaning up.. I wonder if someone can help me understand how/what connections to use the for the 'signale' pins? I have checked the bulbs in the module and they work, I just have no idea how to wire it! And I see 2 mute switches (?) per channel?

Just to clarify, I have the module working and passing signal, but would just like to use it to full potential.

Schematic attached

Many thanks!

Attachments

• schematic2.pdf
    62 KB · Views: 19
Hello

Schemo is clear and you have all the pinout.
There is one fader end switch, probably a fader start (or a mute handled outside), and one remote switch (with no direct interconnection inside the module) could be a PFL or Solo, or any signalling circuit, with logic handled outside the module too.
Can't extrapolate that much any use for this without context at your side.

Best
Zam

Thank you Zam, yes the schematic is clear, but I still don't understand how to connect/activate the LEDs. I don't quite understand why those connection are terminated at the connector.

I will use the fader as a line amp/variable in/decrease for unbalanced sources. Standalone.

Thanks again!

adamasnan said:
Thank you Zam, yes the schematic is clear, but I still don't understand how to connect/activate the LEDs. I don't quite understand why those connection are terminated at the connector.

I will use the fader as a line amp/variable in/decrease for unbalanced sources. Standalone.

Thanks again!

As I say, probably because the logic circuit (relay/switch) is done outside this module when in a console.
For signalling, like fader start, channel ON status, mic on, or ON AIR feedback, mostly broadcast functions.
Now if you just want to lit the leds (as decorative purpose), just hook them to proper rail

Best
Zam

I have 2 of these Faders, They are super quiet and sound great. I just hooked the Lightbulbs to the switches on each channel. Press it you get light.. Why? I just didn't have any use for them. As Zam say, this is just parts of some old RFZ studio signaling  or Tape start system so you could use them for whatever.

You scored a couple of cool RFZ parts! If you ever find the W735 EQ that is just a fantastic EQ that can push any Bass drum! It was made for RFZ in a stereo version and for the RFT-800 mixer in a mono version.

s

Hi Synthiaks! Thanks - yes OK at least as a power led maybe then.

I have a W735 too! :) A have a bunch of V781s aswell!

Latest posts

Back