USNS Mercy

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

after some 7 weeks in the port of L.A. and seeing around a grand total of 77 patients, the USNS mercy left the port of L.A. this Friday.

The ship released its last patient on Tuesday, May 5.

The Ship also so 0 covid patients, but  iirc that was the goal, to help elevate the strain and overrun of hospitals from covid which thankfully never happened.

Too much is generally better than not enough.

We are getting smarter every day with observation as events roll out, so we can better manage scarce resources in the future. I am already hearing talk about preparing for next time. There will always be a next time. 

JR

JohnRoberts said:
I am already hearing talk about preparing for next time. There will always be a next time. 

Next time?  We'll get about 2 months of playtime where we can pretend that this disease is under control.  "Next time" is late Summer and Fall, I can see no reason why we are not headed for a giant second wave.  I expect it to to be much more severe than the first.

The long term morbidity implications of this illness look darker every day (renal failure for example) and yet here in CA, a state that has done better than most at lockdown there are people lined up a quarter mile from my house to get ice cream.  It just couldn't wait.

Back