2-deck, 1-pole, rotary switch, pcb mount - NOT 90 degrees. Exists?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BluegrassDan

GDIY Supporter
Hey all,

I'm racking my brain and wearing out every website. Does it not exist: a 2-deck, 1-pole rotary switch that would mount flat to the PCB without a 90 degree mount?

I'm wanting to mount four rotary switches (for an EQ) to the front panel and have the PCB mounted flush up to the backs of the switches.

To be honest I don't think they do. The best I have seen is 2 pole 6 ways but I guess you want a lot more than that.

Cheers

Ian

I thought they allowed combinations of 24 per wafer. But looking it up now it can sometimes be less, the 04-1213-20 gives 2x11. Would that work?

john12ax7 said:
I thought they allowed combinations of 24 per wafer. But looking it up now it can sometimes be less, the 04-1213-20 gives 2x11. Would that work?
On the right angle types they do but not on vertical mounting ones to the best of my knowledge.

Cheers

Ian

Even finding 90 degree versions in stock is proving more difficult than I expected.

Grayhill
71BDF30-02-1-AJS

Series 71, PC pins, 30 degrees, 2 decks, 1 pole per deck, adjustable stops, shorting
Seems like no one carries this without special order. The non-shorting versions are available.

For an EQ, do you think its necessary to have "shorting," or will "non-shorting" be sufficient?

Can't you use  Lorlin 2x6 and lock it in 2x1?

"(the total number of positions is selectable up to 6. Fix the number of positions using the ring)"

There's a ring on the Lorlin switches that you can use to lock it in the position you need

https://www.banzaimusic.com/Rotary-Switch-2x6-Pins.html

Latest posts

Back