SSL Console Monitoring Issue

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommytones

Hey all!  Hope everyone is staying safe!

I'm having issue with the Mini LS on our 8000 GB+...in short,

1st when Mono is switched in I've barely had any sound coming out of the speakers and

2nd today I have no signal coming in or out at all (cues & SLS work fine).  I probed at the connector on the 651 backplane and in fact there is no longer any signal going in to the 22 card.

I'm figuring that the problem lies on the 82E154 (82E24 on 4K) but of course I have no schematic for 82E154.  Was reaching out in hopes that someone might be able to help in that regard or have some words of guidance as to where I might poke around.

Thanks in advance!
Cheers
ToM

Thanks for the links but already been through it as well as the 4k g+ manual I have. I'm hoping someone has schems for 82e154 specifically.

tommytones said:
Thanks for the links but already been through it as well as the 4k g+ manual I have. I'm hoping someone has schems for 82e154 specifically.

Yes, sorry that I do not have, but I would suspect a failed opamp or two. perhaps some bad caps  lots of chips on that board.  Shouldn't be too hard to test  the transistors and such.  Maybe even an old fashion the card is not getting power  from a bad cap or two.

email sent with schematics and card edge assignments.

Too big to scan on my tiny scanner, so I just took HiRez pics. Hope it helps....

Back