How critical is the fader value in jfet hamptone summing circuit

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

substitute

Hi, I'm looking to build this tapeop hampton summing circuit...
https://tapeop.com/interviews/37/diy-jfet-mic-pre/

I think you need a paid subscription to read down the article far enough to get to the summing amp application but here's a screen shot. I can't find a stereo 100k log fader on mouser. How critical is this value?

49917069376_f09cf0f48b_z.jpg

Thanks

This design can be improved. The 150K bus resistors are unnecessarily high and can be usefully reduced to 47K. There is no reason then that the 100K cannot be reduced in a similar proportion. So a 22K or 25K pot will do. For line level signals you can usually get away with a 10K bus pot but you will some extra make up gain to compensate for the extra loss.

Cheers

Ian

This design can be improved. The 150K bus resistors are unnecessarily high and can be usefully reduced to 47K. There is no reason then that the 100K cannot be reduced in a similar proportion. So a 22K or 25K pot will do. For line level signals you can usually get away with a 10K bus pot but you will some extra make up gain to compensate for the extra loss.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks Ian, much obliged

Latest posts

Back