pucho812

Why amazon why?
« on: May 20, 2020, 07:18:06 PM »
Head scratcher.
Ordered 4 x dpst switches from amazon. All 4 were in stock.
They shipped them out in individual envelopes and all 4 are arriving at different times.
I don’t get it... is it cheaper to do it this way?
You tell me whar a man gits his corn pone, en I'll tell you what his 'pinions is.

ruffrecords

Re: Why amazon why?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 07:38:14 PM »
Social distancing??

Cheers

Ian
www.customtubeconsoles.com
https://mark3vtm.blogspot.co.uk/
www.eztubemixer.blogspot.co.uk

'The only people not making mistakes are the people doing nothing'

pucho812

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 07:56:07 PM »
Social distancing??

Cheers

Ian

I don't know, they all were from the same supplier and ordered purely because the local shops are currently closed.  Surely they could stuff 4 x switches into one large envelope.
You tell me whar a man gits his corn pone, en I'll tell you what his 'pinions is.

JohnRoberts

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 08:03:50 PM »
artificial intelligence...

JR
Don't only half-ass tune your drums. Visit https://circularscience.com to hear what properly "cleared" drums sound like.

EmRR

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 08:12:12 PM »
That shipping cost more than those switches. 
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders

"I think this can be better. Some kind of control that's intuitive, not complicated like a single knob" - Crusty

"Back when everything sounde

scott2000

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 08:14:40 PM »

boji

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2020, 09:44:54 PM »
I bought a 40" rod of 2" diameter HDPE  last week.  It arrived on my doorstep today in a 45 x 12 x 6 amazon box with zero insulation inside.

pucho812

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2020, 10:58:29 PM »
artificial intelligence...

JR

I don't think any intelligence was involved ;D

crazydoc

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2020, 11:17:26 PM »
I ordered a 24" aluminum straight edge and a 40# bag of kitty litter - packed in the same box, the straight edge was bent around the bag of litter. They sent me a new one.
Luckily, there is more than one way to skin a cat.
The secret of happiness is having low expectations.

JohnRoberts

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2020, 11:34:38 PM »
I don't think any intelligence was involved ;D

artificial means not real....

JR
Don't only half-ass tune your drums. Visit https://circularscience.com to hear what properly "cleared" drums sound like.

pucho812

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2020, 03:52:06 AM »
artificial means not real....

JR

yes but AI is supposed to be smart ;)

abbey road d enfer

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2020, 06:34:05 AM »
Head scratcher.
They shipped them out in individual envelopes and all 4 are arriving at different times.
I guess it allows them to charge 4 times shipment. Now if you have Amazon prime it doesn't change a thing.
Now also, some companies have a less than efficient ERP, and it's easier for them than having to install and learn a new ERP, as long as it works...
Who's right or wrong is irrelevant. What matters is what's right or wrong.
Star ground is for electricians.

volker

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2020, 08:06:27 AM »
Why shop at Amazon in the first place, why? Let alone for electronic parts.  ::)

Squeaky

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2020, 08:23:52 AM »
I ordered twenty 4.7k 1 watt metal film resistors from a major electronics distributor a few days ago. Each resistor was individually packaged in a fairly substantial sealed plastic package. Can you imagine?

ubxf

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2020, 09:32:55 AM »
Head scratcher.

Robots

shabtek

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2020, 10:13:24 AM »
Why shop at Amazon in the first place, why? Let alone for electronic parts.  ::)

bears repeating!
"really fine players do not use stomp boxes or master volume, they match the amp to the room and turn it up to 11.  Stevie Ray, BB King, Albert King, Duane Allman, Dicky Betts, Louis Armstrong"
   -CJ

JohnRoberts

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2020, 10:23:11 AM »
Amazon is not the obvious choice for electronic components but I have purchased some supplies from them for my business*** when they were cheaper than my normal vendors.

JR

***haven't sold a tuner since March  :'(

pucho812

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2020, 01:31:07 AM »

I normally would have purchased these locally. they are some nice NTE DPST switches with  a neon bulb. they are for power. nice looking switches I must say and I have used them in DIY builds before. 

Since  local options are closed due to covid. I searched for the part number and amazon came up, so I pulled the trigger and got them.

To further update on this perplexing issue of shipment. yesterday received 2 switches in separate envelopes at separate times of the day, 1 PM and 6 PM. today received the remaining switches in a single envelope at 1 PM.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 04:13:50 PM by pucho812 »

JohnRoberts

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2020, 10:19:14 AM »
I normally would have purchased these locally. they are some runs NTE DPST switches with  a neon bulb. they are for power. nice looking switches I must say and I have used them in DIY builds before. 

Since  local options are closed due to covid. I searched for the part number and amazon came up, so I pulled the trigger and got them.

To further update on this perplexing issue of shipment. yesterday received 2 switches in separate envelopes at separate times of the day, 1 PM and 6 PM. today received the remaining switches in a single envelope at 1 PM.
It absolutely makes no economic sense to fulfill orders that way, but for now many web merchants are trying to lock in repeat customers with good service to gain sticky market share. Clearly not charging actual shipping cost for three separate shipments.

I have been in direct sales on and off for decades so pay attention. One publicly traded business (Wafair) still has not made a profit ever, losing $2-$3 a share... but increasing sales.

I could sell more tuners if I didn't try to cover my costs.  ::)

JR

pucho812

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2020, 04:14:31 PM »
Amazon is not the obvious choice for electronic components but I have purchased some supplies from them for my business*** when they were cheaper than my normal vendors.

JR

***haven't sold a tuner since March  :'(

:'( that is sad...