Another faceplate design, and logo - thoughts?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BluegrassDan

GDIY Supporter
Hello gents,

Looking for some input on this design, which includes a front panel layout and a metal logo emblem.

Thoughts? Honesty appreciated.

Attachments

• Sample 01 Black full (20%).jpg
    Sample 01 Black full (20%).jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 75
I really like the emblem, especially the lightening bolt underneath. Definitely says tubes and high voltages and pizazz to me.

Cheers

ian

I hate it because I didn't come up with it!!!  ;)

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Seriously, it looks great!

Uses the same color palette as your mic pre?  Like the blue and tan/beige (I don't have Pantone colors memorized).  Basic black is basically boring.

Without seeing the rear inputs, I would just make sure that it's obvious which input/output goes with which knob.  Seems obvious, but is sometimes missed.

What about inverting the color rings for the FREQ (i.e. tan outer, black inner) to distinguish it from the boost/cut switches?

Maybe making 'OFF' a little more obvious.  Red color?  BoldLarger font

Is the 'Line' a U-pad in front of the Mic Transformer or a separate transformer balanced input?  Is there a gain setting that is 'UNITY' for the line input?  If so, maybe a way to show that?

I like the new logo.  Sort of reminds me of a 1900's turn of the century traveling salesman.  "Professor Dan's Valve Enhanced Sonic Tonictm!"

Ok, I'll shut up now and go back to just being jealous of your work...

Can't wait to hear that thing!

James

Now I'm mad! What will it cost for permission to use "Professor Dan's Valve Enhanced Sonic Tonic?"

I will likely use a transformer for line input to EQ.

On an earlier prototype with opto compressor I used a line input transformer and indication for unity on the makeup gain knob. So, I see what you're saying.

I will likely add an output attenuator somewhere, but I don't wanna mess up the layout.

I'd relax the spacing of the lower case legends - the kerning is very tight. It works quite well on the dials & upper case legends

Also I'd lose the two Inst legends and have

|--- Inst ---|

- it might balance the panel symmetry better and hint at the valve shape you have in the logo

index.php

Nick Froome

Attachments

• Sample-01-Black-full-(20%)-e1.jpg
    Sample-01-Black-full-(20%)-e1.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 154
If you want to use that title, please do.  I’d almost pay you to name it that. That would be hilarious. Well, maybe just to me. 

I like the Inst thing. Who doesn’t love a subliminal smiley face on gear?

James

Latest posts

Back