Rocket Sockets

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wlinart said:
I think those things would be ideal to print with a 3D-printer?

I knew we talked something along these lines not too terribly long ago....

Silvas said:
Hello guys,

Looking for something that won't damage / scratch anodized front panels (super delicate) when tightening toggle switches ! I've even got made some of then in a 3D printer but they're not hard enough, not durable...Metal ones will scratch if i do the slightest pressure on the panel. Any ideas ??

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=73496.0

These look cool. There are sockets with a plastic or rubber rim for this purpose, but not all of them are deep enough for pot shafts.

I cut a hole in a piece of paper and protect the panel around the nut because I don’t want anything rubbing against the finish. I find that pretty quick to do and like the feel of a regular wrench

Fuzz Face said:
These look cool. There are sockets with a plastic or rubber rim for this purpose, but not all of them are deep enough for pot shafts.

I cut a hole in a piece of paper and protect the panel around the nut because I don’t want anything rubbing against the finish. I find that pretty quick to do and like the feel of a regular wrench

Why would anyone do that when you could have ROCKET SOCKETS?  ;D

I’ve 3d printed my own for a while now.
Didn’t realize there was so much demand...

I could throw some up on expat audio if anyone’s interested. A little something to add to the rest of your order :)

Seem to be sold out also in the UK/EU store.

Sent an email asking when it will be re-stocked.

3D printed might work for a while, but these are plastic molded, stronger than most filaments and with a completely solid infill, something not easy in a 3D printer

Whoops said:
3D printed might work for a while, but these are plastic molded, stronger than most filaments and with a completely solid infill, something not easy in a 3D printer

Exactly.

I used mine while doing final assembly on two SSL 9000 preamps from Gustav. Still waiting for my panels from Germany so I can use them to finish my Studer EQs.

Back