Tascam 122 MK III not working

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarisElek

Hello there. I've got one of these Tascam units i'd really like to get rolling. The problem with is is that the speed was running too fast and the capstan was spinning loudly. Found lots of advice on the internet to replace the electrolytic capacitors in the capstan motor pcb, so i did. Then it started going really slow. While changing the caps I noticed a lot of the pcb was sort of disintegrated so I thought maybe there was a poor connection somewhere. So I found a supplier than remakes the capstan pcb and got a new one. Replaced it and now it's not spinning at all. I noticed that in my PCB the 3.3uf caps are bipolar but in this one they are polar. The supplier says they have never had a problem with it.

What's going on?!

Thanks,
Ryan

Appreciate that. I’ve been poking around and I found continuity  between two points I don’t think there should be continuity. I also find it highly strange this pcb came with two polar caps when theyre bipolar on my old pcb and in every example I’ve found. I’m burnt out on working on this thing so I’m going to take my time.
Also the tiny motor wires that are connected to the capstan pcb that I had I resoldered to the new pcb don’t have continuity with themselves....I’m putting one probe on the solder joint and another on the wire closer to the motor and there is no continuity. I don’t understand why.

Latest posts

Back