metal fabrication needed : request for a Fender blackface Tremolux chassis

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timjag

Hi guys, Apologies if this is in the wrong place. I'm trying to find someone to make me a chassis for a fender Tremolux blackface era - I have the various measurements and diagrams, it a matter of actually finding someone to do the work! I'm in the UK, but fine with the postage etc

can anyone help?

Tim

Timjag said:
Hi guys, Apologies if this is in the wrong place. I'm trying to find someone to make me a chassis for a fender Tremolux blackface era - I have the various measurements and diagrams, it a matter of actually finding someone to do the work! I'm in the UK, but fine with the postage etc

can anyone help?

Tim
https://www.sunrayprototype.com/pages/sheet-metal-fabrication.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwq832BRA5EiwACvCWsacFys8TVdKjuJsBsfTdbJ0J5i9pqELL4R8T-6qTcyBQP4xhOje4jRoCQb8QAvD_BwE
It's gonna be rather expensive. Are you sure you can't use one of the commonly available chassis, such as this one?
https://www.tubeampdoctor.com/en/amp-chassis-blackface-super-reverb-style-ab763?c=181

Annoyingly it has to be a tremolux because I have the cab and empty head shell. The amp itself went with a disappearing service technician never to be seen again!

I have an original face plate that I lucked out with, but no chassis, I may do it myself! I don’t have bending tools though

Timjag said:
Annoyingly it has to be a tremolux because I have the cab and empty head shell. The amp itself went with a disappearing service technician never to be seen again!

I have an original face plate that I lucked out with, but no chassis, I may do it myself! I don’t have bending tools though

How is the chassis size compared to a Deluxe Reverb or Twin Reverb?
Because for those 2 models you can easily buy replica chassis online

If it's a different size than any of this 2, can you modify one of these to use on the Tremolux?

Latest posts

Back