Anyone know of a supplier that sells winkies for Schadow type switches ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Flinn

I'm looking for a source for the winkies buttons that fit on Schadow switches that are like some eyelids opening & you see a coloured plastic bit when you press the switch.  They are used on Some Trident desks & also Audix desks. See attached pic.

Attachments

• winkie.jpg
    winkie.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 6
Were you looking for the F08 type as in your picture, or F11 type without the arm? If you can use the F11’s, all the colors still being manufactured are now stocked. The same isn’t true for the F08s last time I checked.

From my CK rep:

"F08 cap requires a mounting bracket to affix the indicator element and the F11 cap does not. But please note F08 is only for F-type(need mounting bracket) and F11 is only for ZF-type."

I buy the F08 series and epoxy the tap to the side of the switch - F11 can't be fudged and don't work without the ZF

Your original picture was of an F08 type, and I didn't know whether you just pulled the first winky button pic off the interwebs or whether it was the specific type you needed. What I was alluding to (poorly) was that if you could use the F11 type (without the little "arm" on it), then you'd have your choice of all the colors still manufactured via Mouser, whereas that wasn't the case with the F08 type colors they have stocked. So if you had both types of switches around, you'd have the full range of color choices available if you went with the type F11 as opposed to the F08 type.

I only say that because I special ordered big batches of the 3 colors they weren't stocking for the F11 type. After waiting almost a year, C&K finally delivered. So Mouser had plenty of all the manufactured button colors for the F11s as of a couple of weeks ago.

I was saying that if using switches mounted to rails, as yours are, the only compatible type are the F08 series. The F11 only actuate the 'wink' using the ZF format switch, which has an integrated bezel for direct front panel mounting.

home_listening said:
I was saying that if using switches mounted to rails, as yours are, the only compatible type are the F08 series. The F11 only actuate the 'wink' using the ZF format switch, which has an integrated bezel for direct front panel mounting.

So the F11 is this type ?

Attachments

• SA_400_GN.png
    SA_400_GN.png
    389.9 KB · Views: 3
I found this out after ordering a bunch of the wrong part, so thought it should be written somewhere at least. I couldn't find any reference to the compatibility of the two different lenses anywhere on the internet, and certainly not in the datasheet - which I think is a huge omission on C&K's behalf.

Rob Flinn said:
Thanks for the link, but that's not the type I need.

You need F08 type. Mouser has them in stock

F08010108 black body, green eye
F08010112 black body, orange eye
F08010107 black body, blue eye
F08010106 black body, yellow eye
F08010102 black body, white eye

Datasheet is here, page 7
https://www.mouser.de/datasheet/2/60/datasheet-1815393.pdf

I have some used caps with gray body, we can trade them if you need grey ones.

moamps said:
You need F08 type. Mouser has them in stock

F08010108 black body, green eye
F08010112 black body, orange eye
F08010107 black body, blue eye
F08010106 black body, yellow eye
F08010102 black body, white eye

Datasheet is here, page 7
https://www.mouser.de/datasheet/2/60/datasheet-1815393.pdf

I have some used caps with gray body, we can trade them if you need grey ones.

Thanks, I already found them on Mouser.  I only need black ones for the desk I'm repairing.

Back