capsule wiring

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catosalsa

Hi! Anyone know. how to wire this capsule to the pcb? Mic is condenser (1.5V battery) vocal mic called JJlabs C5000.

Attachments

• IMG_6530.JPG
    IMG_6530.JPG
    614.8 KB · Views: 37
I'm not a professional in this, but one wire goes to ground, so that should be pretty simple. If your question is which of those terminals to use, then I would say: trial and error?

xeawr said:
I'm not a professional in this, but one wire goes to ground, so that should be pretty simple. If your question is which of those terminals to use, then I would say: trial and error?

thanks. managed to get it working now. Discovered that a resistor was missing, you can see it on the photo. The other two resistors was about 1k, so I put one there aswell. Outer cable on capsul on the outer metal ring round the pcb and center cable to the solder pad on pcb marked "mic". This wiring was right but didnt get it working at first. Found out the screw holding to xlr connected was missing, when put a new screw in the microphone was finally working.

Back