A-10 clone from Crimson Transformers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for doing the sweeps Shab
I think EmRR & Rackmonkey are right to question the tolerance on UTC manufactured units.
The Crimson errs on the better side of a spread anyway so, def worthy of using I think.

justinheronmusic said:
How do these compare sonically to the Sowter 4383? Would it be worth swapping the Sowter for the CT-A10 in my DLA2A?
Sowter makes high quality transformers

Normally Sowter do "replacement" transformers and not "Exact Clones".
I would expect Sowter transformers to have better specs and be better built than the vintage transformers they are to replace.

If that is good or bad in a vintage unit  it's subjective, and it's totally understandable.

CJ said:
evilbay prices have become insane over the last few years,

Definitely,
A-10 prices have become highly exaggerated because of all the audiphool crowd that buys them for MC phono preamps that they don'r really need.

I find the Crimson clone price exaggerated also for what it its

I would be interested in giving these a try.

I don't see the A-24 repro listed on their website, is it actually available ?

Would anyone be interested in a group buy ?

I'd be in for a group buy, a pair of the A10s and a pair of the A24s would be just the thing for a DLA-2A I'd think!

beatnik said:
I would be interested in giving these a try.

I don't see the A-24 repro listed on their website, is it actually available ?

Would anyone be interested in a group buy ?

I've sent a message over ebay and gained no reply, I have now tried writing an email.

They don't show the A-24 copy listed on their website, I wonder if this is actually available ?

beatnik said:
I've sent a message over ebay and gained no reply, I have now tried writing an email.

They don't show the A-24 copy listed on their website, I wonder if this is actually available ?

They were still developing that one last time I exchanged emails with John. Go to the Crimson Transformers site and get the contact info there.

I have contacted Crimson multiple times via their ebay shop and their website email address

Never received any reply which is not very nice ....

My conclusion is Crimson doesn't want to do business overseas.

I'm in the US (west coast) and reached out to inquire about the possibility of ordering one of these about a week ago.

I never heard back.

Is Crimson Audio gone, and this A-10 clone now vaporware?

AMI offers A-10 and A-24 clones among others and their customer service is impeccable

Sowter has been bought up by Carnhill earlier this year so now it's even a bigger company, but the lead time is just as long as before if not worse, in my experience at least

Crimson is swamped. But so are Sowter and Cinemag. It's tougher getting stuff from all of them right now.

it’s understandable—long lead times and being swamped. It’s a crazy time in many global supply chains, and has they gotten back to me with a really long lead time, I wouldn’t have been at all surprised

Not hearing back whatsoever felt a little bit more like a company that’s no longer doing business at all…

I sent emails to Sowter twice earlier this year and never received a reply either time. Anyone know if they have a new email since Carnhill took over?

I sent emails to Sowter twice earlier this year and never received a reply either time. Anyone know if they have a new email since Carnhill took over?

In Sowter's website there's a sales email, just replace the word sales for support and you contact Brian directly.
He was always quick to reply to me

I never did hear back from Crimson. I ended up ordering a couple of transformers from AMI, whom I’ve used before and who were always prompt and helpful.

I was gonna give Crimson a shot, but happy to stick with AMI.

Back