ADC A5509 Output Transformer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjrippe

GDIY Supporter
Part #? of a continuing series of random transformer measurements...Upload folder is full, so this is on Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5jl8bvyz2ua2s10/ADC%20A5509.jpg?dl=0

With those inductance values, it looks like it's probably a communications/speech transformer. Maybe for HAM radio or intercom applications. Have you swept it?

rackmonkey said:
With those inductance values, it looks like it's probably a communications/speech transformer. Maybe for HAM radio or intercom applications. Have you swept it?

Nah, it's just OAD (Old As Dirt).  It's the mate to the A5508 being discussed here so I'm betting on similar freq response ie: Flat +/-2dB from 20Hz to 10kHz, then drop it like it's hot.  Will get to testing after I install new locks at the studio, pay my bills late, and ward off some grumpy clients  ;)

BluegrassDan said:
By the way. I have a few other ADCs here at my desk right now.

A5509A
A5430
D6403 (also says LE1-M4391)

Awesome, will be interested to see the A5509A.  By the way, if you want my 5508/5509 set just PM me an offer of cash or trade.  I don't think I am going to have time to build a preamp with them anytime soon!

mjrippe said:
Awesome, will be interested to see the A5509A.  By the way, if you want my 5508/5509 set just PM me an offer of cash or trade.  I don't think I am going to have time to build a preamp with them anytime soon!

These belong to a friend/client who wanted me to test them out. He has more salvaged parts from vintage consoles than anyone I know personally.

BluegrassDan said:
These belong to a friend/client who wanted me to test them out. He has more salvaged parts from vintage consoles than anyone I know personally.

Yeah he’s as OCD about it as I was years ago. 

Back