The upload folder is full.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mjrippe said:
Nope, we have all been getting this message lately.  Do we need to do a fundraiser for more storage space?
I notified Ethan already with a post in the admin area, but he does not monitor that 24x7.

I understand that he gets push notifications to his personal phone when we use the donate button, so donating money could in fact get his attention.  8)

In fact that (donate button) is our new strategy for parsing real sign-ups from spammers. New forum members are now asked to contribute $1 using the donate button to establish their bonafides. Spammers will not pay $1 and share personal info just to spam us. 

Of course we still have old sleeper spam accounts waiting to come to life.

JR

mjrippe said:
I just made a $5 donation, but there was no option to include a note!  I hope it reminds him to check messages at least  ;D
He hasn't responded to my post yet... If he asks you what the $5 is about, tell him.

OTOH he may recognize you and just figure you are generous.

JR

Did too; small, odd amount. Was thinking, what is hexadecimal for SOS, then realized 534,t53 was a lot of money.  ;D

Still haven't heard back from Ethan, but its OK to keep trying, maybe we can come up with some magic amount that will get his attention.... I know $1 million dollars...  (Kidding). 

$1 is plan for new forum sign ups, no plan yet for random amounts.

JR

This seems to be a recurring problem.  Maybe implement a fundraiser every so often like is done on Wikipedia?  If funds are running low have a notice for donations.

I really think people should use their own external image hosting and link.  I don't know what's so hard about it. 

Lining up a big donation currently.....

Lining up a big donation currently.....

<3

On using a photo hosting service, there are many, but I've been using imgur for a bit, with good, longstanding results.

For anyone who hasn't used what EmRR's suggests:
https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/213539966-Creating-Posts-and-Sharing-to-Imgur

Of course, when choosing which type of link to copy, BBCode is the format for GroupDIY-type messageboards:

ZkgtFZq.jpg

EmRR said:
I really think people should use their own external image hosting and link..

I don't agree. Some threads lost value without attachments which disappear after some time. The size of attachments can be limited, in technical folder also.

Some threads lost value without attachments which disappear after some time.

True In the past, to be sure. Some don't hold to the responsibility of ensuring data stays after they've 'moved on'.  Having a secure space (Dropbox hosts 2gb free accounts) might be a good backup option.  I seem to recall someone creating a 3rd party space for this type of thing years ago.

moamps said:
I don't agree. Some threads lost value without attachments which disappear after some time. The size of attachments can be limited, in technical folder also.
'

Then it has to be subscription, for the data created.    Or you can post, but you can't upload pics without paying something. 

Nothing here I've ever posted is hosted by the local upload folder, other than in the tech docs. 

If this site disappears, it's all gone too. 

rock soderstrom said:
I second this, we've lost so much valuable knowledge in the old threads.

But not a damn thing of mine.....all offsite.....interesting......

EmRR said:
Then it has to be subscription, for the data created.    Or you can post, but you can't upload pics without paying something. 

I usually upload something when I'm trying to help someone. So I will also need to pay for it. :)
This can work in black and white market.

moamps said:
9 out of 10 uploads are bad phone pictures, several MBs large without any resizing, that get viewed by five people and serve zero archival purpose. Maybe restrict the upload size outside the technical folder. Any schematic should just go in there and can be linked to in the future. Photos in build threads etc. can either be resized or hosted externally.

Back