EAO switch engraving

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffbro

I am replacing 50 year old MUTE switches in an MCI 428 console with EAO Series 01 switches.  We would like to recreate the original appearance with engraved numbers on the switch caps.  EAO wants a fortune to engrave the caps and I've had little to no success finding someone else who can do it.

Rotating bit or laser engraving  would be the preferred technology, but I suppose hot stamping might work as well.  Can anyone point me to a person or company that can supply this service?

JB

jeffbro said:
I am replacing 50 year old MUTE switches in an MCI 428 console with EAO Series 01 switches.  We would like to recreate the original appearance with engraved numbers on the switch caps.  EAO wants a fortune to engrave the caps and I've had little to no success finding someone else who can do it.

Rotating bit or laser engraving  would be the preferred technology, but I suppose hot stamping might work as well.  Can anyone point me to a person or company that can supply this service?

JB

I had an EAO switch cap engraved for my JH-528C, David Kulka from https://studioelectronics.biz/ made it for me. I dont think it was very cheap, but I only had one made. Contact him and ask for a price, he made a great job replicating the original font of the switch. Why are you replacing those switches? they rarely fail unless they break.

Good idea.  DK is a great resource.

We contacted DK a couple of months ago and he pointed us to Apollo Engraving who had done many jobs for him.  Unfortunately, Apollo said they were no longer doing that kind of work.  Sadly, some traditional manufacturing techniques are getting harder to find.

JB

You could try Sifam. Would need to be a decent sized quantity,  but they also sometimes have random ones available so you might get lucky with a smaller purchase.

Back