Social media is snitching on you

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8428489/User-Data-requests-government-Google-rose-510-2010-according-report.html

just one example of many recent articles on this subject , yet again so called conspiracy theory hardens into fact .

For a long time I've used tracker blocking apps in my browser like Ghostery, Adblock, etc.. The internet is a much worse place without them...

I use an ad blocker everywhere except here. While I am here I regularly click on adverts I have no interest in simply to worsen their S/N ratio.

Cheers

Ian

user 37518 said:
For a long time I've used tracker blocking apps in my browser like Ghostery, Adblock, etc..

Me, too. And I got rid of all Android phones and switched to Iphones. No Facebook app. Still have to use Whatsapp, but you can restrict its access at least.

The problem is also in what cases does the government access these accounts. People don't want their data to be accessed by the government, but they also want the government to catch criminals, e.g. child molesters...

Back