Modification EQP Klark Teknik
« on: June 19, 2020, 05:26:09 AM »
Hi,
I'm opening this post for EQP owners.
Some have they already try to modify it ?
 Thank's for returns.

Cardinen

Re: Modification EQP Klark Teknik
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 05:36:15 AM »
Whats the mod and the purpose ??
SSLtech:  "Because not all that matters can be measured, and not all that can be measured matters."

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 05:44:07 PM »
The purpose is to share about modifications of the EQP.  Someone changed transformers ? Which references ? Maybe films caps ? Etc etc...
I would like to know what's possible to swapp on this Gear and for which capital gain.

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 04:57:37 PM »
Just got myself a pair. also looking to mod. Tubes are on top of the list for me as they are cheap unbranded chinese ones. going either for JJs or Mullard NOS if I can find cheap ones.
I don't know what midas transformers are worth, not sure if I can make a significant difference without breaking the bank

EmRR

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 05:16:10 PM »
there's already one or more threads about this.
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders

"I think this can be better. Some kind of control that's intuitive, not complicated like a single knob" - Crusty

"Back when everything sounde

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2020, 06:38:51 AM »
Just got myself a pair. also looking to mod. Tubes are on top of the list for me as they are cheap unbranded chinese ones. going either for JJs or Mullard NOS if I can find cheap ones.
I don't know what midas transformers are worth, not sure if I can make a significant difference without breaking the bank
Hi,
I changed Bugera tubes for Mullard. The sound is better, of course, more precise and warm. I started to swapp electrolytics capacitors (Jamicon, Sancon and Capxon) by Panasonic. Juste for secure.
the biggest difference in sound will be obtained by changing the transformers.  But is this very reasonable considering the price of the transformers and that of the machine ...

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2020, 06:52:56 AM »
What replacement transformers did you use ?

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2020, 01:57:59 PM »
I have not changed them and I like the clean sound that I get with. But, i'm interested to know who did it and what he used.