The rumours of my death are? (Igor).

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gustav

https://www.facebook.com/aranlavi/posts/10158181294055450

I dont know if this is verified in any way, since most follow ups are in hebrew, but I still wanted to share.

Gustav

Thanks for sharing, Gustav. Igor stopped being active here some time before I joined GDIY so I never had the chance to "meet" him, but even years later his spirit, inventiveness and generosity live on here. Sad news indeed.

I thought he got married or something. Hope the news isn't true...

Oh no :-(

I had many great exchanges with Igor over his active time here, learned a load and built some of his projects that I still use to this day.

RIP Igor.

R.I.P 

I bit the bullet and started using my IJR Sontec on masters this week. I had installed a while ago but chickened out. So far I'm absolutely loving it. Thanks Igor! I'm using it more than the Maselec. It really kicks ass.

My first instinct was to say, due to his audio engineering fame he was selected to become a Mossad agent.

If he's really gone, that's terrible, sad news. So young.  :(

Edit: If someone knows what happened, please share.  I too have many personal memories of trying to decipher his fragmentary advice on all kinds of things back in the day... I'm still processing...

PPS-- Didn't he kinda team-up with Tat Prusha of DIYRacked? Perhaps someone that still does business with those guys can offer some more information?

Hi All,

Aran was a friend of Igor's and was the client for the amazing console that Igor built and posted about here  back in the day.  When I saw the post my first instinct was to reach to Aran (TanTan on GS) to confirm but I realized it was from his Facebook.  So unfortunately I believe this is true.

I had some email and messages with Igor back when I lived in Ireland, he was great.

I bought my Audio Precision System 1 from Bruno 2000, met BCarso for lunch and had him consult on a design, bought projects from Igor, had PMs with Martin.  Life is short, be kind.

Latest posts

Back