The rumours of my death are? (Igor).

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

I was rereading a bunch of Igor's old posts last night hunting for a project I remember him building.  I noticed that all of his Photobucket links are still live so if there's anything you want to see or save now is the time.

Wow that's smart.  Someone close, perhaps a family member should curate his account to keep all that work accessible, as it's part of his....legacy.  Still in disbelief.

I think someone on here who's able should archive Igor's docs.  We can ask his family if it's OK to re-upload them when the time's right  but, asking them to do anything more now...  It's just  not going to be a good time for them. 

I signed up way too late to ever interact with Igor and frankly I am not knowledgeable enough to have had a stimulating conversation with him.

While building a pair of 4KCCs and a MixBuzz I have been trawling through his posts and photobucket and he seemed like such a generous, fun, and brilliant guy.

I am truly saddened to read of his death. I know very little of him as a person except that he seemed very generous and intelligent, but his legacy as an engineer will continue to inspire me and certainly many others here

RIP

So sad, Igor was a treasure. I got to work with him a bit on the 4KCC assembly guide and his short-lived IJ Research website. Definitely a genius, I was always astonished by how quickly he could turn around design projects, still am. RIP Igor.

Igor was a really good natured person. He invited me to Israel and I actually considered going.
Still hard to believe.

Igor you were such a sharp engineer I could never find a fault in your designs or redraw projects. I feel quite honored to hold in a perfect studio such masterpiece as the Igor sontec.

RIP Igor :'(

Haven't been here for ages.
Coming back just to discover that Igor has been called... so sad...  :'( :'( :'(

I build a number of his projects (33609, Mixxbuzz, Zener Limiter, Sontec...) and still use them.
Missing the days when he was around...

Very sad news. Total genius.
I've  a half built Sontec and two TGs i really should Finish...

Goodness me, I’ve just across this news. So sad. I’ve been tweaking my 2254 / 33609 recently, and wondered what had happened to the genius of a man behind this and so many other brilliant projects. I was trying to look him up to thank him, all these years later. RIP Igor, I’m so grateful for all you did, your mad humour and serious knowledge on the forums. Gone too soon.

Hi all, came across this thread now. This week Igor was supposed to be 44.
We were good friends on a daily basis. Had great fun over a lot of years and i miss him very much.
At his funeral we raised some scotch whisky in his honnor, as we thought he would like.
I tried to talk to his family and save his tresures but they weren't willing. I think its up to us if we want to tribute him . This man deserves our action.

A

Wow, didn't see that coming. Never saw this post either.

I've met him in Israel, when I was demonstrating gear for a well known brand. He asked me questions, that I've never heard before. I had some contact with him throughout the years. But now that I think of it, I haven't heard from the guy in the last year. The last couple of years when we were in touch, we talked about our common mental health problems. His major problem was alcohol and that he found that people didn't understand him. Nevertheless, the man was genius and his intelligence was next level. I hope he found his rest now.

What a sad threat...

I still have some of his projects on my "wish-to-build list"... sad...

I think it would be a great idea to download all info linked in here and migrate them to this place
(--> Technical documents)

So his work can live on here...

Would someone be able to replace the links in his posts after migration?

ROCK-ON!

Back