The rumours of my death are? (Igor).

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AviEinZur said:
Hi all, came across this thread now. This week Igor was supposed to be 44.
We were good friends on a daily basis. Had great fun over a lot of years and i miss him very much.
At his funeral we raised some scotch whisky in his honnor, as we thought he would like.
I tried to talk to his family and save his tresures but they weren't willing. I think its up to us if we want to tribute him . This man deserves our action.

A

Hi. What happened to him? Was he sick?

I've only seen this thread and the facebook link today.

Really sad to know.

What a big loss, Igor was brilliant.

I really feel sad and sorry that he passed away

desol said:
Hi. What happened to him? Was he sick?
Hi Desol, sorry to reply so late, didnt get a notification.
Igor was not sick at that time. We dont know for sure, it is believed to be a tragic accident :(

AviEinZur said:
Hi Desol, sorry to reply so late, didnt get a notification.
Igor was not sick at that time. We dont know for sure, it is believed to be a tragic accident :(

That's very sad. Thanks for getting back.

Just saw this, so sad. R.I.P. Igor and thank you so much for all knowledge that you shared with us.

Is there any Obituary?

What was the cause of death?

I can find nothing online verifying much of anything.

So no Obituary, no cause of death, no family postings. All there is is one FB post from one person - just one. That is all I can find.

Perhaps people rushed to the worst conclusion? It just seems there should at least be some sort of an obituary celebrating his life. On a more positive light (as in he is alive and well), it may be he decided to drop off the radar for any number of reasons known only to him.

Hi Scott, I re-read all the posts in this thread. The same person who is the source of the report of Igor's death is the same person who said he went to the funeral. So we still have just one person reporting in all of the internet I can find. That one person does not know how he died. Total mystery.

Last edited:
I think people have rushed to the worst conclusions. There is no obituary or anything celebrating his life - no hard evidence of anything really. All we have is a report from one person. It seems more likely he moved on.

I know nothing of this, but I do know that some people don't want or don't have obituaries, and one reason is that they can cost a fair amount of money. So not finding an obituary is not a reason to doubt someone's death.

Last edited:
Hi Scott, I re-read all the posts in this thread. The same person who is the source of the report of Igor's death is the same person who said he went to the funeral. So we still have just one person reporting in all of the internet I can find. That one person does not know how he died. Total mystery.

The news was broken to me by a very well known mastering engineer who had one of Igor's custom-built consoles. I did not even get the news from this forum in any way.

Latest posts

Back