boji

Resotune II
« on: June 19, 2020, 11:39:12 AM »
I just got one and listened to it find the resonant frequency of my floor tom.  Absolutely F*** brilliant to see/hear it in action. 

EmRR

Re: Resotune II
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 12:17:34 PM »
Yeah, it's super great.
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders

"I think this can be better. Some kind of control that's intuitive, not complicated like a single knob" - Crusty

"Back when everything sounde

kambo

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 01:01:08 PM »
aaaaaaha, finally u got one too  8)
isnt the coolest tool  :)
i love mine

JohnRoberts

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 07:37:18 PM »
Thanks for the kind words....

JR
Don't only half-ass tune your drums. Visit https://circularscience.com to hear what properly "cleared" drums sound like.

living sounds

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 07:49:09 AM »
I don't own any drums, but every time I see it I want a Resotune.   8)

TwentyTrees

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2020, 08:00:40 AM »
John - have you had any Resotune customers report using it on banjo? I play tenor and am not great at finding the right head tension, so every time I read about the Resotune I do get curious...

JohnRoberts

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2020, 10:55:50 AM »
John - have you had any Resotune customers report using it on banjo? I play tenor and am not great at finding the right head tension, so every time I read about the Resotune I do get curious...
No, not that I am aware of...  I just looked at a video using DrumDial (measures head tension from deflection) and that seems practical for banjo.

Resotune relies upon a typical configuration and lug spacing around drumheads. With the strings removed it could measure the head resonance of a banjo, but the tension rods are so closely spaced I am doubtful I could isolate each for individual clearing. Resotune isolates lugs for one at a time measurements by bracketing the lugs with the two down facing speakers that acoustically couple to the drum head.  The banjo tension adjustments are spaced too close together for one at a time adjustments.

I would suggest trying the DrumDial, that should get you pretty close.

For today's TMI Steve Fischer owner/inventor of DrumDial uses RESOTUNE to tune his personal tympani. He is a long time customer who owned the first generation RESOTUNE also.

JR
Don't only half-ass tune your drums. Visit https://circularscience.com to hear what properly "cleared" drums sound like.

TwentyTrees

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2020, 11:18:52 AM »
Thanks, that's really helpful advice. I'll investigate the DrumDial.

Very much appreciated.

Andy