Are we at the pinnacle of audio?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All good man, its a conversation and I just wanted to voice my opinion and my experience. There is a crossing of science and experience here where the line gets fuzzy. To many variables to be sure of anything, so its important to have discussions like these with different viewpoints and experiences for the benefit of all. And especially because there's a bit more time for forum reading these days... and typing... 8)

P.S. now back to copying (bread boarding) the analog allpass filter delay line in the EMT 266. Want to throw it up on the AP and see what kind of weirdness goes on with 150uS of all pass filter delay :eek:

Winston O'Boogie said:
Ahhh :)  I spent many a happy afternoon chatting with Walter on the phone instead of  doing whatever it was I was supposed to be doing,  I was a fan since reading Russ Hamm's seminal paper from the '70's on "Tubes vs Transistors" which came about  with Walter's help. 

I still have a gut feeling  that, no mater how good digital has become in recent years, running your signals through the very best analogue mics, pre-amps, and whatever's needed up front, is akin to giving a condemned man a righteously great slap-up last meal.

yes but in true Walter E. Sear fashion, it goes way beyond the tubes vs solid state vs Digital thing.    Lot of great  points concerning why we allowed it to happen and what we lost because of it concerning the art ;)

Winston O'Boogie said:
Oh for sure, everything he states in the articles is valid and contributed to where we are.  Was just trying to keep it limited to the gear on here  ;)

Fair enough. So what you are saying is I should make a new thread about the downfall of modern civilization  ;D

Latest posts

Back