• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pultec Style Knobs for everyone !

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lars on

Hi there !

I can print Knobs with a resin 3D printer .
For now I can print Pultec EQ style knobs.

For a full kit of Pultec EQP  (9 knobs)  I ask 40 €
It possible for only one kind of knobs if you need.

I would like to know how many people would be interested ?
I send pics soon.

lars on said:
Hi there !

I send pics soon.

Hello, What the world really needs is someone to make a run of these old Daven style, big pointer knobs.

1.23" high. Knob body 2" diameter at top, 2.13" diameter at skirt, 2.32" at pointer.

https://imgur.com/F2W6PrV

lars on said:
Hi there !

I send pics soon.

Interested. How are you handling the fixing of the knob to the switch or potentiometer shaft?

vintagelove said:
Hello, What the world really needs is someone to make a run of these old Daven style, big pointer knobs.

1.23" high. Knob body 2" diameter at top, 2.13" diameter at skirt, 2.32" at pointer.

+1 especially in those old colours

vintagelove said:

THIS !

lars on said:
Hi there !

I send pics soon.
Looks like white market product...

JR

vintagelove said:
Hello, What the world really needs is someone to make a run of these old Daven style, big pointer knobs

What, are those $6 asian copies gone? 

FWIW, they are specifically RCA knobs.  John Vassos design.  Same guy who's team designed the look of the 44 and 77 mics, the first RCA TV's, many RCA radios, and this iconic turnstile (which you can still buy today!).  Also illustrated a number of Art Deco books.  Lots of his consumer/industrial products are expensive Art Deco collectibles now. 

072815_LushLife_0163_l.jpg

I'd be a buyer for some of the bar knobs used on the Pultec.

Can you upload a photograph showing the under sides of those knobs?

I do not mean to be negative, but the knobs in that image do not look like 3D printed to me, as the finishing is too perfect for 3D printing. If they are then you must be doing hell of a finishing on them which you can perhaps explain how, as it would be a handy tip for the forum members.

How they are mounted? because when I tried to make these resine knobs (cast - different method) wihtout metal threaded insert , the srew did not hold well in resin when It tighten. It destroyed thread, because the material was not strong enough. It is important specialy on the switches. So i drill holes and glued threaded insert into. I don´t have an experience with your method and they are maybe solid enough.

Sahib : finally that is the reason why I didn't printed it. It's molded with resin. No tips for finishing 3D models...
Here you can see how it holds the shaft.
Stybljan : maybe you don't use the good resin. I use the same technique and I can tight it strong enough.

Attachments

• IMG_20210910_223002.jpg
    IMG_20210910_223002.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20210910_222652.jpg
    IMG_20210910_222652.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20210910_223414.jpg
    IMG_20210910_223414.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Tried it many times and failed. The technique is simple but the result didn't look as nice as yours.
Still got some resin bottles left as well as metal inserts to fix the knobs if someone needs it: DIY knob inlays

Latest posts

Back