David Kulka

Want Buffer Amp PCB's That Use Single Ended Supply.
« on: June 24, 2020, 11:19:14 AM »
I'd like to find at least 4 buffer amp PCB's that will work with a single ended power supply. I need something with balanced inputs but the outputs can be unbalanced. They will be used as VU meter buffers, so specs are not critical.

Yes, I could use bipolar supply types and add some kind of divider circuit for use with a single supply but I want to keep this as simple and easy as possible.

Does anyone know of anything or have anything? I'd prefer stuffed, ready to use boards. Used is fine. Thanks in advance.


Re: Want Buffer Amp PCB's That Use Single Ended Supply.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 03:50:53 PM »
Isn't the JLM meter buffer exactly what you are looking for?


Re: Want Buffer Amp PCB's That Use Single Ended Supply. New
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 10:39:12 PM »
Understand the desire to keep it simple. If you don't find what you're looking for, here's probably the next simplest thing (even simpler in terms of sourcing the meter buffer PCBs you could use). A prebuilt single to bipolar supply converter. Tiny, and it'll take 3 - 36V in (you didn't say what your supply voltage is). I've used them for the same thing, and they work fine.


Good luck.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 10:44:49 PM by rackmonkey »
Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're probably right.


Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
9 Replies
Last post July 26, 2006, 09:52:32 AM
by Sammas
2 Replies
Last post October 10, 2006, 02:39:02 PM
by pstamler
2 Replies
Last post May 06, 2009, 08:00:02 PM
by hitchhiker
6 Replies
Last post April 11, 2019, 08:54:25 AM
by JMFahey