Vintage Neve 1073 faceplate screw thread size

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zero

Hi good people,
Does anyone know whats the thread size for the hex screws that holds the faceplate on a vintage Neve 1073 module?
Imperial?

I measure 2.7mm. Strange

Thank you!

Thank you Rob,
Makes perfect sense.
I’ll try it out.
Damaged a stuck screw on one module.

Many thanks.

Hi good people,
Does anyone know whats the thread size for the hex screws that holds the faceplate on a vintage Neve 1073 module?
Imperial?

I measure 2.7mm. Strange

Thank you!
Did you ever find any? I need 8-10 for my 2254s. I checked and they’re the same size as my 1073s.

They are 6BA with a .050" Allen Key.
When you can't get them out,it's usually the countersink sticking to the paint.
Put a thin piece of rubber over the screwhead, and use pliers on this and the back of the screw thread.
The metalwork just 'gives' a bit, and the screw head lifts out of the panel, into the rubber.
Then you can get it out easily.

I have the original factory stock of these screws- I was toying with putting some on Ebay if it looked like there was demand....

I could be interested. I have a guy at BAE who is trying to get me a few to see if they work on the vintage ones. If not, I’d definitely be interested in buy some (10-15) are you in the US?

I'm in the UK.

I can't remember what thread Mark uses, but I had to leave his screws in when I used some of his 1272's in a console....

I't's such a pain shipping tiny screws internationally that I don't usually bother- unless you price them at a stupidly high price for each screw, it's just not worth doing, and your business goes backwards....

Back