Re: What is this?...
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2020, 09:10:59 AM »
This is the answer I just received from the seller:

"hi , thanks for your message 
please kindly note , that is 1:1 Grade A Neumann copies of U87ai .
order will be come with Neumann brand name  .
1:1 copies , major accessories come from Germany same as original .
"

;D

Ok, 101% fraud 😎

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2020, 10:05:08 AM »
This is the answer I just received from the seller:

"hi , thanks for your message 
please kindly note , that is 1:1 Grade A Neumann copies of U87ai .
order will be come with Neumann brand name  .
1:1 copies , major accessories come from Germany same as original .
"

;D

Wowwww that's very intriguing. If not just for the perfect donor body for half the price.

Ryan

RuudNL

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2020, 11:38:49 AM »
I asked for some pictures of the inside:

and:

To be honest: not too bad (if you forget the piece of blue wire insulation  ??? )
There is a solution for every problem!

http://www.vansteenisaudio.nl

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2020, 01:40:25 PM »
Pretty wild. The plot thickens...
Now, who's going to take one for the team and pop for one?  ;D

RuudNL

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2020, 02:17:36 PM »
I even played with the idea of ​​ordering one... :-\

TillM

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2020, 02:29:09 PM »
Ruud are you sure that you get it through the customs, when it’s marked as „Neumann“ ?

rockinrob86

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2020, 03:31:47 PM »
we should ask them if we can just purchase the bodies!

RuudNL

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2020, 03:34:40 PM »
Ruud are you sure that you get it through the customs, when it’s marked as „Neumann“ ?
I have no idea, but it is not a real problem because I didn't order it!

But knowing AliExpress, I think they would send a whole batch of parcels to Belgium, and from there distribute them to surrounding countries.
Packed in gray plastic foil and probably marked as "Karaoke microphone, value $20".  ;D

Gus

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2020, 05:35:58 PM »
Did anyone do the right thing and report it to Neumann?

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2020, 05:44:29 PM »

Greeeeaatttt. A defender of capitalism. 

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2020, 06:45:01 PM »
Greeeeaatttt. A defender of capitalism.

No, Gus is right! We are talking about fraud and thievery! This is dangerous for a small company like Neumann. They are from my hometown, I met some of them several times,  I do not want to rip them off.

I really like guys like you who explain their own greed  with criticism of capitalism! LOL

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2020, 07:31:44 PM »
No, Gus is right! We are talking about fraud and thievery! This is dangerous for a small company like Neumann. They are from my hometown, I met some of them several times,  I do not want to rip them off.

I really like guys like you who explain their own greed  with criticism of capitalism! LOL

I just honestly don't think this is serious competition for Neumann... I think what we do here takes more business from Neumann than a Chinese knock off.

abbey road d enfer

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2020, 07:36:17 PM »
No, Gus is right! We are talking about fraud and thievery! This is dangerous for a small company like Neumann.
Not so small; they're part of the Sennheiser empire now. Indeed, it does not justify ripping them.
I don't know how much it can affect them, though. Who's the potential buyer? I don't think a professional studio would buy a copy instead of an original. Maybe a not so professional studio, that would not have the dough anyway to buy the genuine article...
Someone said copying is the ultimate form of flattery.
Who's right or wrong is irrelevant. What matters is what's right or wrong.
Star ground is for electricians.

abbey road d enfer

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2020, 07:39:50 PM »
we should ask them if we can just purchase the bodies!
Same mic without wooden box they sell for about €50.

Gus

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2020, 08:02:03 PM »
FarisElek

That was rude with the name calling.

Neumann designed a microphone that is still popular. This one looks to very close to the Neumann 87 and this is not cool it is currently made product.

It does not matter if is a big or small company.

Reminds me of the China Les Paul copies

Others make things they post are close to a Neumann 87 but they don't look the same the PCB are different the bodies are different.

I wonder if Sony saw the C800G look alike?

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2020, 08:21:55 PM »
FarisElek

That was rude with the name calling.

Neumann designed a microphone that is still popular. This one looks to very close to the Neumann 87 and this is not cool it is currently made product.

It does not matter if is a big or small company.

Reminds me of the China Les Paul copies

Others make things they post are close to a Neumann 87 but they don't look the same the PCB are different the bodies are different.

I wonder if Sony saw the C800G look alike?

I don't find this ethical disagreement worth name-calling. I would never. I simply called it as I saw it.
personally, I was raised with the phrase "snitches get stitches". I agree with that phrase unless I feel it will genuinely cause others physical or significant financial harm. But at the end of the day your opinion is yours, and mine is mine and I hold no grudge against you for it.

I absolutely adore my 70's Japanese Tama Martin copy.

That being said, if this company sold the body and heads with the switch like Neumann, but it said Newman, I would 100% buy it.

Ryan

analogguru

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2020, 08:28:52 PM »
Did you ?  I am neither engaged by the fraud police nor from Neumann. 
Did you inform Behringer, that Alto is cloning their products ?  And Karma and Mc Crypt too ?  (Yes, even Behringer gets cloned.)

The Fidek FLT-0204 is a 1:1 Aphex-clone, and the Fidek FPT-0207 is a 1:1 Yamaha clone.  So many things to report, if you want to "do the right thing".

BTW, maybe I should start a company, my mothers maiden (and my two uncles) name is "Neumann".... how lucky I am.  (I can already sell you a pair of original Neumann-Speakers, hand-made by my uncle.)

I haven't seen that, but I have seen a C1000S-clone for $ 175,--, where I can buy the original used normally between $ 50,-- and $ 100,--.  I don't know who would by the clone.  And yes, I wouldn't spent $ 673,-- for the U87-clone too.... or $ 16,-- for a SM58-grill-clone..... or buy a clone-body from Aputis (which probably will never arrive).

« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 09:09:53 PM by analogguru »

abbey road d enfer

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2020, 01:33:50 AM »
Quote from: abbey road d enfer on June 30, 2020, 07:39:50 PM

I haven't seen that, but I have seen a C1000S-clone for $ 175,--, where I can buy the original used normally between $ 50,-- and $ 100,--.  I don't know who would by the clone.  And yes, I wouldn't spent $ 673,-- for the U87-clone too.... or $ 16,-- for a SM58-grill-clone..... or buy a clone-body from Aputis (which probably will never arrive).
I opn ly mentioned that because someone was interested in the body as a donor.
The thing is that some are ready to pay extra for a fake body with a brand logo that looks "reasonably" auithentic.
You may have noted that one of my concerns is that DIY in majority is about cloning.
Cloning is a commandable activity, as long as it allows learning hos things work and how to master the tecniques used to make them. When it turns intoa counterfeit activity, I'm concerned with both the ethics and the personal issues.
For me the spirit of DIY is learning, which gives the capability of modifying and designing new circuits for creating new things.
I am not impressed by any of the mic clones - who cares for the umpteenth copy of Mona Lisa? - bit I have the utmost respect for Ear Trumpet, or some of the realizations of Jules Rykebuch or Stefano Simonelli - forgive me for those I omit.