• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: RCA & GE 6BC8 Tubes

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justinheronmusic

Looking for RCA 6BC8/6BZ8 tubes, would be looking to buy up to 4. Also looking for GE 6BC8/6BZ8 tubes, looking to buy up to 5 total. These will be used in the Poor Man 670 circuit, so if they are matched than that is even better.

Located in the US.

Just a heads up.... the 6bc8 supply has been fairly picked over at this point. Especially with the Retro 176 needing them and there being no new manufactured.  We have 4 UA175b/176 units at our studio and I order 6bc8's in bulk and find that I have to go through two or three to find one that really balances well, and they seem to not last as long as a few years ago before all the good stuff was picked through. All this to say you may have to buy 10 tubes to get 2 well balanced tubes.....  I've probably thrown away 40 6bc8's in the course of two or three years

I think the PM660 isn't as picky with the matching iirc...Or maybe it was Kingston's overhaul....

Hmmmm.. Makes me wonder if all that talk about using pentode/triode tubes is worth a look .....or is it triode/pentode

Latest posts

Back