Help with Front Panel Express

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dismal

Hi, I am currently doing the DIY Studer 169 EQ 500 series and I need some help with Front Panel Express, I had no problem making my faceplate with every holes placed but I don't understand how to do the -12 to +12 DB with the little lines on the gain button.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks

You can do patterns easily with Autocad type software.

You can also brute force it with a spreadsheet to calculate the appropriate marker coordinates.

Many years ago someone posted a program that generates and HPGL file of a scale specified by inputs to the program. This can be imported into FPD and saved as a user macro object. It can then easily be imported into a front panel and it can also be scaled.

Note also that FPD has for some time allowed the import of a dxf file of the panel outline. In the latest version this has been upgraded so an entire panel expressed as a dxf file can be imported (outline, holes and text etc). I have not tried this yet.

Cheers

Ian

dismal,

Frank Rollen has some panels for that in his inventory if you want to check out his stuff. I am building 6 of those Studers right now and got my panels from him. He can make them any color panel and ink you want.

Attachments

• studer-169-nearly_sm.jpg
    studer-169-nearly_sm.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Back