Need M7x0.75 11mm panel nuts for Alps pots

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john12ax7

Does anyone have a source for replacement nuts for Alps pots? I need M7 x 0.75 with a width of 11mm (see attached pic).

The 10mm width is common and available, but no one seems to have/use the 11mm version except for Alps.

Attachments

• alps_nut.png
    alps_nut.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 8
john12ax7 said:
Does anyone have a source for replacement nuts for Alps pots? I need M7 x 0.75 with a width of 11mm (see attached pic).

The 10mm width is common and available, but no one seems to have/use the 11mm version except for Alps.
how many do you need,,,,?

I have lots, and lots of alps pots too left over from my old kit company.

JR

Found some Alpha RD09 pots in the parts bin,  but they too are 10mm, not sure about the RV16.

I probably need 100-200. But if the Alps pots I need are available, that's even better.

john12ax7 said:
Found some Alpha RD09 pots in the parts bin,  but they too are 10mm, not sure about the RV16.

I probably need 100-200. But if the Alps pots I need are available, that's even better.
I still have piles of 16mm  1x100kB (linear)pots, and 2x50kB (S taper) from my old kit company.  These pots are a few decades old so will probably end up in a landfill, sometime after I do...

JR

Sent you a PM but seeing now you replied here.  Those values wouldn't work,  but maybe the nuts would.

It's the perils of trying to do small scale manufacturing with off the shelf parts.

john12ax7 said:
Sent you a PM but seeing now you replied here.  Those values wouldn't work,  but maybe the nuts would.

It's the perils of trying to do small scale manufacturing with off the shelf parts.

I could slide you a couple hundred nuts (and matching flat washers too) but how can you buy pots without nuts?

This will make my pots orphans but they have been sitting for decades and I have no plans for them this lifetime... maybe I should design more kits... nooooooooo.

JR

The issue is I need two different pots,  one is M9 the other M7. Since the knobs don't completely cover the nuts would prefer that both nuts be 11mm. I could send you the M7 10mm nuts to replace.

It's essentially a way to get something done if the MOQ for the more proper solution is not reasonable.

Back