BBC monitor controller (request)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogears

I came across this article
https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/presonus-central-station

And it mentions a standard BBC monitor control setup.

I tried to search but didn't find a schematic on this. Does anyone have one to look at?

Thanks!

I suspect it's more about the functionality than circuitry. The BBC has a standard system for mono monitor switching, muting one speaker, etc.

They used to use those lovely coaxial PPMs - red & green for left and right in one meter and white & yellow for sum & difference

Nick Froome

pvision said:
They used to use those lovely coaxial PPMs - red & green for left and right in one meter and white & yellow for sum & difference

Nick Froome

I love those coaxial PPMs and use them whenever I can.  There is supposedly  a BBC anecdote about why 'Red for Left and Green for Right' and one would probably think it easier to remember 'Red for Right'

The saying goes that the colour scheme stems from lights that are used on ships so that one can identify if the ship in front of you is going away or coming towards you.  If the Red light is on the Port side, then the ship is going away from you (I think I have got that correct).  That in turn is because Broadcasting House - the old home of the BBC -  looks like the back end of a battleship.

Cheers

Mike

Latest posts

Back