The first Knif plugin etc.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonte Knif

It took about 2,5 years from the deal with plugin alliance, but finally it is ready, a model of Knifonium. All those 20 people who have the hardware can now check how close it is :) I think it is pretty close in all important respects, and that means it is processor heavy too. Sort of comforting for all us hardware geeks to notice how much crunch it takes to model something complicated fairly closely.
There is a 14 day free trial, so anyone can try it if interested.
PA initially didn't know about Knifonium and contacted me about Soma. During the first Skype talk I was telling about things we do and when I showed Knifonium, Mr Ulrich got immediately curious. At some point they decided to publish Knifonium first. Pretty big step for a company which was just beginning to program their first synth modelings, I think.
Soma plugin is in the pipeline too, expected to be ready during the summer I think.
I have also things in the pipeline, but there has lately been such a lot of orders that product development is sloooooow.  In talks with some dealers and one modular synth manufacturer I've heard that this is the situation: People are buying stuff like it was the last time to do it. Lets see how 2021 looks like then....I'm a bit pessimistic, expecting to see the consequences of financial issues to pile up and lead to diminishing demand. But so far so good, we have orders for 6+ months now, more than ever.

All the best for all DIYers from Helsinki, Finland.

Congratulations!  I have the annual PA pass, and I haven't had a chance to download the synth.  Now that I know you are involved here I will be sure to do that!

I still remember when I tried it at your shop.  Maybe I will try it and play some "interestellar" or "bladerunner"  music on it ;)

cheerz!

I also have the PA pass. I've never seen or heard the hardware so this was my first introduction to the product. I haven't had a reason to really dig into it and use it on something but after 45 minutes of playing around I have to say this thing is really cool. It's completely different from anything I've every used and certainly not like any other soft synth I've ever heard. I'm looking forward to getting more intimate with it.

I'm very much looking forward to the emulation of your VariMu comp.  I'm surprised Dirk didn't jump on that first. A good VariMu is something the PA collection is definitely missing.

Congrats!

Oh very cool, just learning about the hardware synth, so juicy! Thanks for the heads up on the plugin version.

Wow, great news!

And I'm reading between the lines that a Soma plugin will come out too?  ;)

Back