dbx 210 or 162 schematic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sircletus

Does anyone out there  have a schematic for the 210 VCA card?  Even better, a schematic for the entire 162?  Not even David Kulka has one!  And that "162 service manual" floating around out there is useless as it has only the 160 schematic in it.

I guess I'm mostly curious about how the 210 differs from the 202.  I also find it odd that the 162 and 165 were contemporaries of one another - both are present in a dbx product catalog dated 1978 - but the 162 uses a different VCA.  Was this a "value engineering" move?

Also wondering about outputs.  The 165's output is single-ended; clearly visible in the schematic and even stated in the manual.  I would assume the 162's outputs are as well but would like to confirm just to satisfy my curiosity.

Here is a link for the 162 Calibration, Schematics, and Parts List.  Too big to upload here so it is on my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cy4ay2k4frdk0lc/162%20Cal%2C%20Schem%2C%20%26%20Parts.pdf?dl=0

Mike

mjrippe said:
Here is a link for the 162 Calibration, Schematics, and Parts List.  Too big to upload here so it is on my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cy4ay2k4frdk0lc/162%20Cal%2C%20Schem%2C%20%26%20Parts.pdf?dl=0

Mike

THANK YOU MIKE!  VERY helpful!

Of course this deepens the mystery a bit, what with the output drivers on a "230" card.  Oh, dbx.

mjrippe said:
You are welcome!  Now you have analogguru to thank for the 230 drawing attached below  ;)

Yep, that's pretty much the 160's output stage.  Thanks again!

I worked on a 162 about a year and a half ago. The symptoms were one side works one side doesn't. I didn't have schematics or anything at the time, but was able to compare and contrast things until I got the faulty channel working. after that I ran signal and boy did it sound great on drums.  What a great stereo compressor for rock and pop.  8)

Latest posts

Back