Mueller speaks

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hodad

Certain parties here probably won't read it because they already know everything, & it's in a "liberal" paper, and Mueller is of course a "deep state operative"--I've heard all the excuses for not reading things that might challenge what you've already decided is the truth. 

But others here might be interested, so I'll post the link:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/07/11/mueller-stone-oped/?arc404=true

Thanks for posting. I just came across this wonderful tweet: just ask, the banana republic president will provide!

Fun fact for the constitutionalists: James Madison was of the conviction that an abuse of pardon power is an impeachable offense. He probably failed to imagine a system so corrupt that an impeachmant would be effectively reduced to nothing but a nuisance.

JY4Z5GG.png

They have to prosecute and convict Trump after the election as a start to remove the Banana from the Republic. The failure to prosecute the Bush administration for their failings allowed for this to happen.

living sounds said:
... The failure to prosecute the Bush administration for their failings allowed for this to happen.

Quite a few controversial Presidential pardons or commuting of sentences in modern times - by Carter, George  HW Bush, Clinton, and arguably the most controversial, from Ford of Nixon. 
So, not without precedent and,  given the dialogue from the White House all along regarding Stone's trial and conviction, not surprising.    The 'Law and Order' Trump talks about only seems to apply  to his  enemies or defectors. 

pucho812 said:
what's next a boycott of goya?
I have suggested for some time that the cancel culture will eventually turn on themselves.

Some 150 authors (not editors) are getting nervous so have joined together to oppose the cancel culture.

https://extra.ie/2020/07/08/entertainment/celebrity/jk-rowling-end-cancel-culture

I agree with their (late) sentiment but that horse is already out of the barn, out of the pasture, and out of the county.

Any good deed could always be done sooner. They should have made this observation years ago (I did).

JR

pucho812 said:
what's next a boycott of goya?

While I don't generally get involved in that sort of stuff - other than a general belief that certain aspects of historical culture (British Empire stuff,  Confederate flags) are probably better displayed in a museum - I don't get the connection with the supposed  trending online supporting a Goya food ban and Muellor's article about the investigations into Roger Stone/Trump's commuting of his sentence. 
What am I missing here?

Winston O'Boogie said:
While I don't generally get involved in that sort of stuff - other than a general belief that certain aspects of historical culture (British Empire stuff,  Confederate flags) are probably better displayed in a museum - I don't get the connection with the supposed  trending online supporting a Goya food ban and Muellor's article about the investigations into Roger Stone/Trump's commuting of his sentence. 
What am I missing here?
Do I really need to diagram this?

The Goya CEO is being criticized for saying nice things about President Trump at a rose garden event celebrating President Trump'a announcement of the Hispanic Prosperity Initiative. (Goya is also donating over a million pounds of food to food banks).

Robert Unanue, the president and CEO of Goya Foods visited the white house years ago when President Obama invited him, with much less drama and fanfare. He said he respects the office.

I wonder what the 150 celebrity authors think about this attempt to stifle his free speech? AOC and others like her have called for a boycott of Goya foods over this. (If I wasn't so lazy I check to see if any of the 150 opposing cancel culture joined the boycott yet.  ::) )

JR

PS: In case you still don't understand the connecting dots are hatred for President Trump, and anybody with a kind word about him. I know how that goes.

Yes I understand all of that -  I've no problem if you want to draw a diagram though. 

My reply was in regard to the title of the thread:  "Mueller Speaks".    I see no connection between 1/  Robert Mueller's  speaking out in the W.P article regarding the investigation of Roger Stone + Trump's commuting on Friday  of his  3 years+ sentence....  And 2/ an online trend suggesting a boycott of Goya foods due to the CEO praising (in general)  the Trump administration.

Edit:  I kinda get it.  I guess.  Any criticism of Trump amounts to one and the same, no matter the reason.

At least I don't remember any of the "conservatives" here defending the Dixie Chicks in 2003 or Mitt Romney when he voted to impeach this year.

I'm not at all a fan of "cancel culture", but the other side has a long track record of similar behaviour, so why don't you examing the "beam that is in thine own eye"?

The right is generally much more inclined to fall in line - the "herding cats" methaphor is strongly associated with the liberal left for a reason...

living sounds said:
At least I don't remember any of the "conservatives" here defending the Dixie Chicks in 2003 or Mitt Romney when he voted to impeach this year.
you mean the "chicks" they changed their name...(even thought there was already a band named the chicks).
I'm not at all a fan of "cancel culture", but the other side has a long track record of similar behaviour, so why don't you examing the "beam that is in thine own eye"?
moi?
The right is generally much more inclined to fall in line - the "herding cats" methaphor is strongly associated with the liberal left for a reason...
I still can't read minds and certainly can't speak for the right or the left, but they do indeed seem to behave differently.

JR

PS: Herding cats it what it feel like around here...  Except for insulting me the group seems pretty well behaved lately.

Senator Graham has called Mueller to testify before Senate Judiciary Committee.

Hard to believe it was a year ago when he gave his testimony in the House. That testimony was not very compelling.

While he is pushing the Stone narrative, I suspect Republicans would appreciate the opportunity to question him under oath about the origins of his investigation. A lot more facts have been revealed surrounding that over the last year, so there will be a scrum from both sides to mine new sound bites while the lights and cameras are running to use in the presidential campaign.

Have fun and enjoy the show.

JR

JohnRoberts said:
Have fun and enjoy the show.

JR

Did you read Mueller's article? 

As far as I can tell you only came to this thread to derail it and talk about things that are only marginally relevant. 

living sounds said:
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/7/12/21320954/goya-foods-unanue-boycott-cancel-culture-free-speech
Sure... boycotting a product is not attempting to squash free expression  ::)

Ironically perhaps there is a "buycott" starting to get people to support Goya by buying their brand, to cancel the cancel.  ;)

Interesting times....  The #metoo movement seems to have lost momentum when VP Biden suffered an accusation.

I wonder what it will take to take the wind out of the sails of the cancel culture?

JR

hodad said:
Do you mean his op-ed? 
op-ed said:
An op-ed, short for "opposite the editorial page", is a written prose piece typically published by a newspaper or magazine which expresses the opinion of an author usually not affiliated with the publication's editorial board. Op-eds are different from both editorials and letters to the editor.
Do I need to? If there was some new information in there I would have read or heard about it by now.

I actually subscribed to the Washington Post for a year back in the late 70's  (along with NYT and WSJ to learn their editorial biases). That was before Jeff Bezos bought it (to gain influence with his regulators? sorry mind reading again). 
As far as I can tell you only came to this thread to derail it and talk about things that are only marginally relevant.
I though the fact that he was called to testify before the Senate Judiciary committee was relevant. More relevant than Stone.

I wouldn't mind seeing him answer questions under oath about the origination of his namesake investigation.

This is all political theater so I try to add context when I can. (Of course I have my own bias formed by my life experience.)

JR

JohnRoberts said:
Ironically perhaps there is a "buycott" starting to get people to support Goya by buying their brand, to cancel the cancel.  ;)

It's a little ironic that the article living sounds linked to had already discussed the "boycott"  ::)

Off topic from Mueller but relevant to this forum:
EveAnna Manley just released a limited edition version of the Manley "Massive" tube eq for Pride month.  Profits from the 50 units go to Human Rights. 

https://www.manley.com/news/2020/6/15/massive-pride?fbclid=IwAR0ZG-zZNtyo-gYwmzU9rTTgJOfOi3KY_pQhWXaCenak9aP-UMWFdAodCzM

Some of the comments and messages she's been receiving from Christian groups and  individuals regarding homosexuality have been utterly vile.  She's posted a few on her Facebook page.

hodad said:

I doubt it. 
I guess it's OK that - even though Stone was convicted by a jury of obstruction,  making false statements, and witness tampering - Trump can shit on the judicial process when he feels like it.   

JohnRoberts said:
Do you mean his op-ed?  Do I need to? If there was some new information in there I would have read or heard about it by now.

I actually subscribed to the Washington Post for a year back in the late 70's  (along with NYT and WSJ to learn their editorial biases). That was before Jeff Bezos bought it (to gain influence with his regulators? sorry mind reading again).  I though the fact that he was called to testify before the Senate Judiciary committee was relevant. More relevant than Stone.

I wouldn't mind seeing him answer questions under oath about the origination of his namesake investigation.

This is all political theater so I try to add context when I can. (Of course I have my own bias formed by my life experience.)

JR

It's amazing how assiduously you avoid reading things that might challenge your worldview.  But I do appreciate you validating my predictions at the top of this thread. 

Back