Lighted pushbuttons

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogears

Does anyone know of a tactile or pushbutton switch similar to the ones used on the API consoles? The clear / frosted, with a soft orange illumination? I can't seem to find ones that look like that.

like this - translucent cap, backlit:
api_the_box2_01-EjcdF35uZ9yZbkIlu5JkYdtmLHZyDmou.jpg

similar to something like this from the new Trident 78s

trident_78_02-GAQSDxvOAOGMQFPfAzsi3vMvaQpOYflk.jpg

https://www.e-switch.com/product-catalog/illuminated/product-lines/lp2-series-illuminated-pushbutton-switch#.XxCEYm0zbuo
https://nl.mouser.com/ProductDetail/E-Switch/LP4OA1PBCTR?qs=%2Fha2pyFaduhZXCeT9S00Ootx%252BkIaZK7XWitwLrSfSv9t59LBqARXxg%3D%3D

you can try  e-switch

So I called API. The tech says they are using a switch with a custom-molded cap, but the LED is mounted on the PCB. Interesting enough, but doesn't actually help me.

E-Switch WBL series for horizontal or LP4 series for vertical look like a good fit, but they only have clear caps in their datasheet.

dogears said:
....they are using a switch with a custom-molded cap, but the LED is mounted on the PCB. Interesting enough, but doesn't actually help me.
Soundcraft used this type of switches caps too. Maybe I can find some for you, how many do you need?

Thanks everyone -- I got a line on some from a friend's surplus stock. I also have some samples coming of the LP4 and WBL series, to see what the clear caps look like.

Turns out API, Trident, etc all get these kind of caps custom made.

Trident was kind enough to say they'd sell me some direct if they have stock also.

I think many of them use momentary switches using cd4043's and the like. Then they have a custom rubber mold made that sits between panel and pcb.
The WBL series are cool as they make 4pdt as well as dpdt.  The led's sit in front of the switch.  I've been using similar switch ic's lately for stuff. Elliot sound has got some cool layouts I played with but eventually I used a nano to do switching as it's a ton of less parts. Some of those ic's need a lot of diodes to do the switching and LEDs.

The trident is using switches made my wellbuying.  since I once worked for the company, I do not recall ever using a custom switch cap.  The same folks who  owned trident also own tonelux which also uses wellbuying switches.

Back