Campaign Shock Troops

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also if you really want to break down the L.A. protests vs looters and rioters, I can easily separate the two. For days they protested near, around and in front of where the studio is located. I saw both, the peaceful people who were trying to get their voices heard, the non peaceful people who  were trying to pick fights with onlookers such as myself.  when we did nothing but watch and throw up the peace sign.  We also saw the rioters and looters who broke into businesses which caused us to live at the studio 24/7 for over a week doing nothing but sleeping in shifts to make sure we didn't have a break in either. I have no sympathy here,  because a few bad apples have ruined it for the rest.

pucho812 said:
yes but it is not a story in local Portland news or so I was told from residences I know there.

I first heard about the story via OPB (Oregon Public Radio) links and  have since seen clips  that were broadcast on the local Portland Fox tv affiliate and KBX etc. so, don't know what to tell ya. 

Oregon attorney general has now sued the DHS  and other federal agencies for a restraining order against making further arrests using the same tactics.  We'll see. 

I don't condone rioting and vandalism,  but when the social contract breaks down and trust is gone,  I can understand the frustration  that leads to it.

Winston O'Boogie said:
I don't condone rioting and vandalism, 
The bulk of the bad behavior, from what I've heard, was graffiti.  I'd say bringing out the jackbooted thugs was a bit of overkill. 

But by attacking the "liberal" media you're attacking me

Sounds like a rather concise example of ideological possession.

We are far more than whatever dish-soap-selling media we consume, and more precious than whatever tribes we're in.

Winston O'Boogie said:
In Portland Oregon, the city officials and the governor have categorically stated  they don't want the federal guys there. It has only escalated tensions. 

This is local Portland news talking about an incident that happened on July 11th when a protestor was shot in the head by federal law enforcement.  The feds justified the shooting by saying the guy threw a gas cannister at them.   

https://youtu.be/Xdjv_nSL5lg

News with more video of the injury and  reaction from Oregon officials:

https://youtu.be/qd9hBPfEd9c

Edit:

More footage from July 11th (same night as the shooting above) showing Feds "de-escalating" things by attacking street medics giving aid to another injured person. 

https://youtu.be/O95BnX1CsYM

JohnRoberts said:
. peaceful antifa? ::)
JR
Just a quick note that the "antifa" of Trump's campaign is largely an invention of...the Trump campaign.  Antifa is not as organized, violent or terrifying as Trump wants to portray them.  If you want terrifying, watch some of the video of the shock troops in Portland.  That's unprovoked, unwarranted violent behavior. 

Antifa is not as organized, violent or terrifying as Trump wants to portray them

Sorry Hodad not picking on you, just responding to words! 

Sun Tzu comes to mind...  I'm trying my best to not post unfalsifiable claims.  Any plain evidence we can bring to bear on a govt-funded antifa?

Re videos above, is an 'impact weapon' doublespeak for rubber bullet? I heard about the girl who had her jaw broken from one of those, so not downplaying their kinetic force.

scott2000 said:
doesn't leave me to know how to describe 10 guys on me , some with 2x4s , a constant recurring nag in my rib that matches the permanent scar on my face .....

I understand, Ive been there too.  I was attacked and kicked in the head 15 years ago.  I had plastic surgery to re-attach my nose, but no neurological tests/scans as I had no health insurance at the time.  Turns out I had brain damage which started manifesting as seizures and blackouts.    Long story short -  It took. getting deported back to the UK to receive the medical assistance I needed.

Sorry for the topic swerve. 

boji said:
Sorry Hodad not picking on you, just responding to words! 

Sun Tzu comes to mind...  I'm trying my best to not post unfalsifiable claims.  Any plain evidence we can bring to bear on a govt-funded antifa?
I have read the art of war 2 or 3 times...  Sun Tzu is not that accessible, but loaded with powerful strategies related to warfare. I see more Sun Tzu in how the administration handled the ISIS caliphate (vaporized it), then antifa's anarchy.

This sounds more like Saul Alinsky's "rules for radicals"  rules #5, #9, #11,  and several others are in evidence.

JR
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Art_of_War
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_for_Radicals

boji said:
.  Any plain evidence we can bring to bear on a govt-funded antifa?
Not govt. funded.  Maybe my meaning was less than clear.  I'm saying that real antifa is not the scary thing it is portrayed to be by Trump's campaign, and that Trump is abusing his powers as president to try to make them look much scarier than they are.  He's building a straw man (this massive, terrifying antifascist organization) that he can then tear down.    antifa  is reality;    !!!!ANTIFA!!!!  is Trump's made up boogeyman.

boji said:
  is an 'impact weapon' doublespeak for rubber bullet? I heard about the girl who had her jaw broken from one of those, so not downplaying their kinetic force.

Yes, a 'rubber' or plastic bullet.  Such a harmless sounding name.      There have been numerous serious injuries from folks being hit with them during the recent BLM protests.

A quick research just now told me that the world has the British Colonial Forces to thank for first introducing them in the 1940's, and then again during the Northern Ireland Troubles. " At least 17 people, eight of them children, were killed by rubber or plastic bullets during the Troubles in Northern Ireland".    :(

A 2017 review in the British Medical Journal found that 15% of patients treated for injuries from “nonlethal” projectiles suffered permanent damage and 3% died.

I had plastic surgery to re-attach my nose, but no neurological tests/scans as I had no health insurance at the time.  Turns out I had brain damage which started manifesting as seizures and blackouts.

Oh my god dude.  I've been jumped in my youth, but it was my friend who took the real beating, but nothing like what you describe.  I'm so sorry.

boji said:
Oh my god dude.  I've been jumped in my youth, but it was my friend who took the real beating, but nothing like what you describe.  I'm so sorry.

Hey man, sh*t happens.  I had surgery and I'm  OK now.  Although still on heavy prescription drugs for seizures which can sometimes make you  feel  like your  head is full of cotton balls. :D

Winston O'Boogie said:
  I was attacked and kicked in the head 15 years ago.  I had plastic surgery to re-attach my nose, but no neurological tests/scans as I had no health insurance at the time.  Turns out I had brain damage which started manifesting as seizures and blackouts.    Long story short -  It took getting deported back to the UK to receive the medical assistance I needed.  I had surgery and I'm  OK now.  Although still on heavy prescription drugs for seizures which can sometimes make you  feel  like your  head is full of cotton balls.

Damn, well that would seem to explain a lot, I think.    Glad you eventually got care. 

A former friend in a band; while at his wedding I joked to his brother that he must've had a head injury......and he proceeded to tell me about his head injury......

EmRR said:
Damn, well that would seem to explain a lot, I think.    Glad you eventually got care. 

It explains why I'm batsh*t crazy that's for sure :D

In all seriousness, I think I know what you're talking about and as much as it'd be convenient to shift blame, I take full responsibility for going off the rails and doing some bad sh*t towards the end.  Some of that was the seizure stuff sure,  but a lot was taking high doses of benzodiazepines that the walk in $75 a consultation doctor was prescribing for, what he thought was, anxiety and depression.  I ended up a mess.

Sorry for another swerve, and sorry about your old bandmate Doug, like I said, sh*t happens man. 

Back on track to Portland:

Retired US Navy disabled veteran, Christopher Davis, went to the Portland protest to go talk to Trump's secret army, to tell them they are not following their oath to protect citizens.  They start hitting him with a baton, while he remains MOTIONLESS, like a badass. He only moves when they pepper spray him, directly in the face. As If that's not  enough, he manages to flip em the bird as he walks away, DESPITE the fact that his hand was injured in the attack and will most likely require surgery.    That's a real US military hero. 
Story and video in link. 

Edit:  I missed this update from David on his hand:  "My hand is pretty damaged.  The hand surgeon splinted it for now, but it looks like plates, screws and/or pins await me on Friday."   

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/portland-protests-trump-veteran-christopher-david-federal-officers-oregon-a9627466.html

So F'ed.

If the pandemic alarm bells had gone off exactly 2 months later, I might have been trapped in Scotland.  That seems....pretty good! 

Latest posts

Back