Mail in vote not valid....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

A friend voted in the primaries in Jersey. Due to covid was forced to mail in vote.  Gets a letter in the mail saying their vote was invalid due to a signature mismatch between when they originally registered to vote and the signature on the mail in vote...
What kind b.s. are they trying to pull here?

pucho812 said:
A friend voted in the primaries in Jersey. Due to covid was forced to mail in vote.  Gets a letter in the mail saying their vote was invalid due to a signature mismatch between when they originally registered to vote and the signature on the mail in vote...
What kind b.s. are they trying to pull here?
Actually pretty common problem.  There was an issue with this a metro Atlanta county last election cycle.  The county was being extremely tough on signature matching & rejecting a large portion of absentee ballots.  Maybe the NJ county is being similarly persnickety (and possibly but not necessarily partisan), maybe your friend has changed his signature. 

For example, I had that happen on a mortgage.  Something like 30 signatures that a lawyer witnessed and notarized, the bank rejected 3 as 'not matching'.   

hodad said:
maybe your friend has changed his signature.

NO I don't think she has.  We had similar instances out here with getting a recall on the ballot. the state rejected signatures for not matching as well as for things like putting ca in the address line vs California.  if this is the norm it's going to be tough.

pucho812 said:
NO I don't think she has.  We had similar instances out here with getting a recall on the ballot. the state rejected signatures for not matching as well as for things like putting ca in the address line vs California.  if this is the norm it's going to be tough.
If I signed my name three times in a row it would be hard to get two to match. Over several decades I have used up all my neat signatures.

===

NJ (where I was born) already has a reputation for voter fraud.

https://www.nj.com/passaic-county/2020/06/voting-fraud-charges-filed-against-paterson-councilman-and-councilman-elect.html

I hear something like 20% of ballots were rejected.

JR

PS: I wouldn't mind internet enabled voting as long as we have rock solid identification (photo, fingerprint, IP logging, ). If fraud is discovered, they lose their right to vote in the future, fines, and worse.

Latest posts

Back