Is Studio939/Chunger still on business?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camarada78

Hi, does anyone know if Studio939/Chunger website is working normally? i've seen one of his posts from like a month ago but I've ordered some c12 kits 9 days ago and got no email reply, nor shipping confirmation?

It would be my second order from the website and I got no problems with the first one.

Hope he is okay and the wesbite too.

Thanks, have a good day

Leandro

He’s always been slow/non respsonsive.  Usually ships after 2/3 weeks.  Everything will be fine.  Website looks fine for me.

He’s been expecting a huge order from
China for the entire year, covid got in the way and there were some issues with getting all the various things crated up and sent over.  Maybe this happened and he’s dealing with all that?

I got a shipment from Chunger a few weeks ago.  In fact, I've been building a D-U87 today in one of his budget YT-5 bodies.  Just have some patience, it's worth the wait!

I made two orders with Studio939 in June. One shipped 10 days after my order, the other one shipped 14 days after. I know he's posted that there are more items he's still waiting for that should be coming fairly soon-ish. I keep checking the site every day to see if it's been updated so I can order more of the things I've been waiting to order. I know it's hard to wait because it's exciting to get mic parts but after you've lived through the Studio939 waiting process a couple times, you begin to trust that your order will be shipped eventually as Chunger works his way through his pending orders to yours.

I ordered from Chunger a couple months ago. I was concerned as well after a week or so without response. However, he's always come through and is very helpful. I'd imagine that he's got too much on his shoulders, like most of us do (or should) during this time.

Good luck! I ordered the same kit and am finally ready to get it started.

-Brice

Here we are in 2023 … and the question is still a consideration …

This is my first experience ordering from Chunger …

I have three outstanding Studio 939 C12 related orders … all placed within the last 4 weeks … that have each (auto?) generated the original order Studio 939 receipt …

On two occasions … within the last 14 days … I have written polite requests for order status updates …

I am not angry … but I am decidedly anxious to get my Studio 939 order so I can build these wonderful C12’s that I have patiently waited to afford to order …

All of the other parts vendors responded and shipped within 3 days … supplying shipping notifications with tracking information when they did …

Chunger should be grateful to have such an iron clad income path for his excellent products … and he should make a strong effort to be responsive to his clients and alleviate any concerns that are generated by his decided lack of interaction …

As a customer dealing in absolute good faith … I have a reasonable expectation to be treated in kind with responses to my emails and status updates for my orders …

The old adage of putting customers first … which in this case only pertains to interaction regarding order status … should be paramount to someone who has been given the gift of having a business with the potential of an endless supply of clients …

If Mr Chunger is too busy to reply … he should consider hiring someone to respond to his customers for him … and allay their questions and concerns …

That is just a tenet of doing good business … which has been gratefully demonstrated by all the other vendors who were affiliated with my C12 order …

Once again … I am not angry … but interaction goes a long way in assuaging concerns clients may have regarding the status of their orders … and their anxiety in receiving them …

Best regards …

standard wait time for me in the last year has been around ~4 weeks to get a response to orders. have never got a reply to any attempt at communication, but have always got what I ordered or a refund for items that went out of stock. yeah, it's not ideal, but that is how it is...

I agree, it would be incredibly useful if there were a timely and reliable resource or center for purchasing and getting support of these diy goods (which the forum acts as somewhat of a proxy for, thank you).

I know it's a niche market and it's dealing with relatively complex and specific things, but the level of service and support from so many diy providers is all over the place. It takes something that is not easy and makes it even harder. I'm new still, got into this about a year ago and that's one of my biggest takeaways from it all.

Rather than layout all the inconsistencies and long waits from folks and companies I've bought from in that timeframe, all I can say is in my opinion the most professional and helpful so far have been DIYRE, Hairball, Seventh Circle, Sound Skulptor, Dachman, (all relatively establish companies already) and now soliloqueen's new Arienne Audio.

I'm not at all expecting Amazon level service but having to learn the hard way that you'll in general need to wait 4 weeks of silence and then have to send an email to most suppliers to get a shipment going is not a great experience (and requesting build support outside of the forum is equally fraught). But without other options we're kind of stuck with it as it is.

Last edited:
Hi, does anyone know if Studio939/Chunger website is working normally?

Leandro
Leandro,
Please consider that Chunger is very different from the DIY suppliers mentioned above, in that he does not import mic parts as a full time business. He is another DIYer like us, and probably has a day job, a family, etc. He imports mic parts as a favor to the DIY community. I for one, am very glad that he does this, as there are very few other options for mic bodies. He has been there for us for years now, when others have come and gone with their mic bodies. Please be patient and treat him kindly, as his withdrawal from the DIY market would be a great loss to many of us.
regards, Ted

That's really good to know Ted, thank you - I think a lot of us newer folks don't know that.

Still, if someone is new to this hobby and they excitedly throw down a few hundred bucks on gear due to the rave reviews of folks on here and then have their first order sit in limbo for weeks, it is not a heartening experience.

I've had it happen numerous different times with a handful of different providers and wish some kind of heads-up was provided prior to taking the money that there could possibly be up to a 4 week+ wait for something that's displayed as in stock. At least some kind of expectation is set.

The reality is, it’s been this way for years. People should do their due diligence and research before they order. Honestly, there’s no reason not to know the deal prior to ordering. I feel the same way with STAM.

Thank you all for your responses and insights!

My apologies as I now understand the uniqueness of Chunger’s personal sacrifice in helping to assure all of us an easier path to procuring the parts we need to DIY!

I am a victim of my own intense angst to build two of Matador/Chunger’s lovely mics, for which I have waited a number of years to justify the expense to the bookkeeper of my household! 😂

I will now return to a patient state … accepting that Chunger will come through as he always does … and be absolutely grateful for his ongoing effort to make all of our processes a lot easier when his parcel arrives on my doorstep …

Best Regards to all !!!

Back