Test for the Plugs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analag

https://ddmf.eu/plugindoctor/
How many of you test your plugins.  I like to compare emulations of the same device and so on.

I just love the plugins that are realtime spice simulations. And you guys know how I feel about taking the design as far as it can go with a little help from software computations, heh?

gyraf said:
I'm not impressed

True ol skool right there and that's fine. But cost, convenience and the inevitable miniaturization of the recording studio make software the king. I use outboard gear going in and outboard coming out of the box, all software in the middle. I even built a strapping watercooled steroid machine to run as many of those software gems as I can. I run hardware and soft synths and it's hard to tell the difference. I do prefer the stopping power of hardware compressors, but the emulations do a good job and the trick is to series them. Added bonus is total automation. I love it all!

Revisions are what make software the answer.  In post or music there always asking for VO up 1 DB.  Can you this and that.  There is no way to accomplish that in the time allotted.   

Yes analog in processing separates the pros from the amateur and hardware compression on the mix then lifting levels with digital is pretty standard.   

The ear likes what the ear likes.

Back