Mogami multicore colour code

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Flinn

Hi

I need to repurpose some Mogami multicore for a client.    The outer jacket is black & all it has written on it is "Mogami".  The inner cores have a grey jacket with no number ident.  Does someone have a colour code chart for the inner cores please ?

Best

Rob

Mogami might have published a color code for this, but I'm not sure. I worked at an audio cabling company and we used a lot of Belden like one of out competitors 2 hours up the road, but we both used different color codes.

You would be perfectly OK just making up your own if you can't find anything published.

Belden published this, for example:

http://www.beldenkorea.com/pdf/emea/23.17-23.19.pdf

Older mogami wire does not have the ez-id that they do now. Older snakes with all grey  outer sleeving On the channels  usually has  2 conductor and shield. The conductors are usually 1 x clear wire and 1 x colored wire that usually would follow the resistor code colors

Depending on the number of pairs in the bundle.... Pucho is correct, use the resistor code, however, with grey jacketed pairs, this only works until you get to '10'.

Current Mogami uses the color of the jacket (for the individual pairs) as the first number, and the 'hot' wire as the second number of the resistor code.

So....

'2' would be black jacket and red 'hot'

'13' would be brown jacket and orange 'hot'

'24' would be red jacket and yellow 'hot'

I have only seen the grey jackets in 8-pair, so not sure how they do things past '9'

drpat said:
Depending on the number of pairs in the bundle.... Pucho is correct, use the resistor code, however, with grey jacketed pairs, this only works until you get to '10'.

Current Mogami uses the color of the jacket (for the individual pairs) as the first number, and the 'hot' wire as the second number of the resistor code.

So....

'2' would be black jacket and red 'hot'

'13' would be brown jacket and orange 'hot'

'24' would be red jacket and yellow 'hot'

I have only seen the grey jackets in 8-pair, so not sure how they do things past '9'

I think they just repeated it but I could be wrong. I haven't seen mogami  snake with all grey outer sleeves  in ages.

Latest posts

Back