Farewell Peter Green(baum)
« on: July 25, 2020, 02:04:10 PM »
Blues legend Peter Green has passed away peacefully at the age of 73 ,it was just announced .
I got the chance to see him live twice , once with Splinter Group and in more recent years a solo gig ,
on both occasions I got the chance to meet the man himself and shake hands.
He really wasnt right for many years due to being heavily medicated , in more times years he had made a return to form though , I feel priviledged to have seen him playing his own material after he got his mojo back .

TwentyTrees

Re: Farewell Peter Green(baum)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 02:34:32 PM »
I was so sad to read the news, I absolutely love his work in the early Fleetwood Mac years - always felt his playing had a deep lyrical beauty to it. And what a songwriter! I was also lucky enough to see him play, at a festival on the Isle of Wight about a decade ago, hearing "Albatross" in person really was something else.

Rest in peace.

https://youtu.be/OJWOtL-PZiE

Squeaky

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 03:26:41 PM »
Sad news to hear, RIP Peter Green, a player of great touch. However, I am glad to hear that he kept playing and got some mojo back. I had always believed that he had drifted off into the never never like Syd Barrett.

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 04:02:10 PM »
Theres a good bbc tv documentary made around 2009 about him , well worth a watch .

TwentyTrees

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 04:06:27 PM »
Yeah, an excellent and very touching programme that is. I think it was also called "Man Of The World".

Theres a good bbc tv documentary made around 2009 about him , well worth a watch .

rob_gould

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2020, 04:17:12 PM »
 RIP

However, I am glad to hear that he kept playing and got some mojo back.

I saw him play at a  very small blues festival in the UK about twenty years ago.  He didn't seem like he was in a great place to be honest, so it's good to hear that he got back some of the old spirit since then.
Studio furniture, modular synth cases and more...

www.gouldcaseworks.nl

ruffrecords

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 05:47:40 PM »
I saw him once in the second half of the 60s at a local blues club. Once seen never forgotten. RIP.

Cheers

Ian
www.customtubeconsoles.com
https://mark3vtm.blogspot.co.uk/
www.eztubemixer.blogspot.co.uk

'The only people not making mistakes are the people doing nothing'

DaveP

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2020, 06:27:24 PM »
Peter Green was second only to Clapton in my opinion and he had a beautiful style where every note had to mean something rather than how fast he played the notes,  A wonderful blues guitarist.

DaveP
Soundcloud: Delayed Action.

fazer

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2020, 07:42:07 PM »
One of the greats.  Very special writer and blues player.  Those early Fleetwood Mac albums are some of the best British Blues Rock of the era.   I never got to see him live.  I use to dream of going to London and seeing him play in a pub.   RIP Peter so many great songs.

EmRR

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2020, 09:23:25 AM »
Those records and extant film and TV appearances are so great, as is the documentary.  RIP. 
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders

"I think this can be better. Some kind of control that's intuitive, not complicated like a single knob" - Crusty

"Back when everything sounde

peterc

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2020, 09:51:07 AM »
RIP Mr Green
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.