Farewell Peter Green(baum)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

Blues legend Peter Green has passed away peacefully at the age of 73 ,it was just announced .
I got the chance to see him live twice , once with Splinter Group and in more recent years a solo gig ,
on both occasions I got the chance to meet the man himself and shake hands.
He really wasnt right for many years due to being heavily medicated , in more times years he had made a return to form though , I feel priviledged to have seen him playing his own material after he got his mojo back .

I was so sad to read the news, I absolutely love his work in the early Fleetwood Mac years - always felt his playing had a deep lyrical beauty to it. And what a songwriter! I was also lucky enough to see him play, at a festival on the Isle of Wight about a decade ago, hearing "Albatross" in person really was something else.

Rest in peace.

https://youtu.be/OJWOtL-PZiE

Sad news to hear, RIP Peter Green, a player of great touch. However, I am glad to hear that he kept playing and got some mojo back. I had always believed that he had drifted off into the never never like Syd Barrett.

Theres a good bbc tv documentary made around 2009 about him , well worth a watch .

RIP

Squeaky said:
However, I am glad to hear that he kept playing and got some mojo back.

I saw him play at a  very small blues festival in the UK about twenty years ago.  He didn't seem like he was in a great place to be honest, so it's good to hear that he got back some of the old spirit since then.

Peter Green was second only to Clapton in my opinion and he had a beautiful style where every note had to mean something rather than how fast he played the notes,  A wonderful blues guitarist.

DaveP

One of the greats.  Very special writer and blues player.  Those early Fleetwood Mac albums are some of the best British Blues Rock of the era.  I never got to see him live.  I use to dream of going to London and seeing him play in a pub.  RIP Peter so many great songs.

Those records and extant film and TV appearances are so great, as is the documentary.  RIP. 

Back