Four giants of the modern age face tough questions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

Google ,Facebook,Apple and Amazon faced judiciary committee questions today .
Curiously the verdict of the committee will be delivered right around election time in the US.
If you read between the lines and look a little closer at some of the people behind the setting up of these monoliths you'll typically find very smart very well educated people with many affiliations to some of the darker governmental organisations .
It seems right uptil now they were allowed off the leash to do as they see fit , now that the powers that be realise control is slipping away from them they have decided to pull the emergency brake. A terrific conflict between the public interest and big business has been allowed through politicians seeing the likes of FB like a ticket to fame and fortune and at the same time allowing whole sale data aggregation and marketing to proliferate, we've been treated like subjects ,there to be exploited for all were worth , its going to be a big job to stop this trainwreck .

Heres one of our local (Cork, Ireland) songwriters who hits the nail on the head quite succinctly :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42fpsB1LtHU

that was a cake walk for them... They will divvy up the campaign donations later (enough money to go around for both parties).

I thought it was interesting to see the zoom video backdrops used by bazillionaires. None of the cheesy sculptures or wannabe classic art. Just simple monochromatic wall treatments.

It was clear who were the alpha dogs in that exchange... IMO, but maybe I'm wrong.  8)

JR

I didnt actually view the testimony  , but as you said probably more like a box ticking exercise to allow all sides to save face . They probably had those answers pre prepared by the best spin doctors on the planet long in advance .

Heres a transcript of Zucker's full  testimony ,

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mark-zuckerberg-facebook-civil-rights-elections-testimony/

One of the major concerns is how facebook and other platforms are being used by human trafficers like an online auction room and how crypto currencies might be used in this respect . Here in Ireland we have seen one case where a 14 year old girl was lured via FB ,then subsequently tortured raped and murdered , the curious thing was the potentially damaging details of FB's role in all this was kept from public view by the judiciary itself. Its just another example of what we've witnessed here for generations, how church ,state and other institutions conspired to cover up atrocities . 

Tubetec said:
I didnt actually view the testimony  , but as you said probably more like a box ticking exercise to allow all sides to save face . They probably had those answers pre prepared by the best spin doctors on the planet long in advance .

Heres a transcript of Zucker's full  testimony ,
Jeff Zucker is a different media executive (CNN Warner media), not quite in their zip code.

Zuckerberg has been all but begging for government regulation for years,  because he knows he can afford it, and it will only provide him a larger moat against competition.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mark-zuckerberg-facebook-civil-rights-elections-testimony/

One of the major concerns is how facebook and other platforms are being used by human trafficers like an online auction room and how crypto currencies might be used in this respect . Here in Ireland we have seen one case where a 14 year old girl was lured via FB ,then subsequently tortured raped and murdered , the curious thing was the potentially damaging details of FB's role in all this was kept from public view by the judiciary itself. Its just another example of what we've witnessed here for generations, how church ,state and other institutions conspired to cover up atrocities .
A strategy used by several is to facilitate fully encrypted communications that even they can't read. While this may seem like an excuse to not moderate, or police, it is taken advantage of by people with bad intentions, to do bad things.

I value my personal privacy, criminals and child molesters not so much. Don't quite know how to square that.

JR

Back