Is Aurycle still in business?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot to note that I did end up getting two of the FET Mic Body Kit and they arrived pretty fast and look quite nice.  I like natural brass with laquer finish, so they fit my style.  The only thing needing replacement was the awful capsule holder, but that was simple.

After I bought two from aurycle I thought I'd take a punt on these U87 style cheap mics on Alibaba, they arrived and look great and only cost about £30 each.
Came with cradle and lead.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201028-215613_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201028-215613_Gallery.jpg
    589.6 KB · Views: 25
Are those even close in size to the real thing? And do they have any particular model number?

Spencerleehorton said:
After I bought two from aurycle I thought I'd take a punt on these U87 style cheap mics on Alibaba, they arrived and look great and only cost about £30 each.
Came with cradle and lead.

Here is the link

https://m.alibaba.com/product/62413649330/Classic-u87-large-diaphragm-condenser-recording.html?__sceneInfo=%7B%22cacheTime%22%3A%221800000%22%2C%22type%22%3A%22appDetailShare%22%7D

That last aspect hasn't stopped me from using BM800 bodies for multipattern mics ::)

RuudNL said:
Usually they are smaller than 'the real thing' and have no (way to mount) switches.

Latest posts

Back