Anyone know about this old neve microphone mixer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aside from switches for impedance and pots, has 6 transformers on it. One for each channel I presume.

Attachments

• 2CA6D008-62AF-4D07-A858-B6697E9CFDE2.jpeg
    2CA6D008-62AF-4D07-A858-B6697E9CFDE2.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 57
It looks like a panel removed from a Neve. The only thing I can think of is back in the  70s Neve made some huge custom consoles, for NBC  or CBC I think, for their Montreal Olympics coverage. I seem to rememeber it included a number of simple mic sub-mixers, possibly for crowd sounds?

Cheers

Ian

12afael said:
mm this is like looking just at bikini magazines. you don´t have more photos?

there is not much else to photo.  behind the panel the pots and the switches are wired to the transformer. everything else is pretty much missing as it was clearly cut off.  There is a wiring tie bar but that is it.  from the wiring the pot seems to happen right after the transformer.

cyrano said:
Ouch!

A passive mixer?

All Neve consoles of that era used passive mixing. There is nothing wrong with it if done properly. You can see the care they too to make sure the bus was screened an all four sides.

Cheers

Ian

@Ian

I wasn't dishing passive mixers, Ian. The "ouch!" was because I kinda like the thing. And Pucho confirms my fears, as it's being cannibalised.

If the owner is only interested in the transformers, maybe Pucho could inherit the rest. It would still look fine from the front  ;)

Back