My little studio (pics)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holger

GDIY Supporter
I'm not sure if I ever presented my little studio here, the "Röhren(Rein)Raum".
A "Reinraum" is technically a clean room, no contamination.Since some transistors are still involved, I put the word "Rein" in parenthesis.The Main mixer is a the 12 channel Krässemaschine. Additionally there is a 10 channel tube mixer and a 24 channeltube summing device. The little Soundcraft mixer is for headphone mixes.
rrr%201.jpg

Monitor speakers are Sky Audio Verdade II
rrr%202.jpg

The monitor amplifier:
rrr%20amp.jpg

And my my modular corner
rrr%20mod.jpg

Sweet. I love gear pics. The higher the res the better.

Incidentally I just bought a Boog. Mostly because I've been listening to Moonmadness on a loop for 2 weeks straight. Should arrive today.

Little studio...ha.  Big sound and so very inspiring.  Thank you Holgar!

Care to say more about the 'Engineers Amplifier'?

Ricardus said:
The Engineer's Amplifier looks like the Pete Millett design:

http://www.pmillett.com/DCPP.htm
Right. I had the choice between the usual class D Hypex stuff and something tube based. I never built a tube amp before so I said to myself: why not. Usually a power amp for  monitors should be as clean as possible. I took a different direction and never regret it.

Holger said:
Right. I had the choice between the usual class D Hypex stuff and something tube based. I never built a tube amp before so I said to myself: why not. Usually a power amp for  monitors should be as clean as possible. I took a different direction and never regret it.

I actually built his tube mic preamp. I have a thread up here about the build. He does interesting stuff.

Back