My little studio (pics)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holger said:
Close enough?:
km%20rrr.jpg

The mixer is documented here:
https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=58872.0

“Oh you purty thing.  Let me buy you a diamond ring.  “

Very nice! 

That has a great 50's vibe to it ,everything crammed into a relatively small space .

What sort of noises do you make with the modular synths ?
the Behringer 2600 looks great for little money .

I've got some more gear and had to rebuild my racks a bit.Biggest change was to add a RME Madiface XT which feeds my Antelope Orion as well as an added RME DA 32. Sometimes I need more than 32 outputs.
left.jpg

right.jpg

Patchbay:

pb.jpg

Pic's don't show for me.

But I quoted your first post and copied the links directly into my browser as I was very curious.

That's an awesome place !
I really love your mixer, simply beautifull !
Also the tube amp, very nice !
What config is it ? I'm using a DIY 4xKT88 ultra linear in push pull amp for my room and a Nelson Pass 2x10W class A on my nearfields.

Yeah I don't need much heating in winter  ;D

I noticed you had two varieties of 1176 Holger , ones the KT obviously , whats the other ?
I saw a lot on negativity about the KT , but its hard to know for sure if somekind of AntiUliB sentement has'nt crept in and poisoned all the minds , what are your own impressions of the unit or how does it compare ?

I have that problem browsing with Chrome - inline pics just don't show. They're visible for me using Firefox.

(And they're hugely inspiring, obviously!!)

warpie said:
Same here. Can't see any pics unfortunately.

Tubetec said:
I noticed you had two varieties of 1176 Holger , ones the KT obviously , whats the other ?
I saw a lot on negativity about the KT , but its hard to know for sure if somekind of AntiUliB sentement has'nt crept in and poisoned all the minds , what are your own impressions of the unit or how does it compare ?
Yeah, I've recently got the second 1176 back. IIRC it was one of the Hairball kits.
They behave different. From an first impression I would say that the KT is slower.But the biggest difference is the sonic structure. The Hairball is more open, has a way better upper mid/high end and adds that "distortion" to the sound. Snares sound now like one would expect from an 1176. So, the KT is a cheap FET compressor, but the Hairball sounds better to my ears. I don't have an original 1176. I'll investigate more once I'll find some time and compare it to my studio buddies Warm Audio version.

TwentyTrees said:
I have that problem browsing with Chrome - inline pics just don't show. They're visible for me using Firefox.

(And they're hugely inspiring, obviously!!)

Right, there's definitely something wrong with chrome. I checked on safari and those beautiful photos are shown. 

Very nice. it's such a drag that all this can be done in a box nowadays. My soft synths knock just as hard as my hard synths and my soft EQs are far more advanced than my real ones. In the end it was my love for the esoteric that made me work so hard to integrate some of my old favorites back into the workflow

analag said:
Very nice.

+1

“The moment you say so-and-so is wise or is cruel or defensive or loving or whatever, you have hardened your perception and become prejudiced and ceased to perceive this person moment by moment, somewhat like a pilot who operates today with last week’s weather report.”
― Anthony de Mello,

Back